Skyrim Perks: any more info on them?

SpellAndShield

If you played fallout you'll know how they'll work for a bit. I guess they'll be even more important though. Luckily we aren't level capped so we might be able to use a lot of them :D. The examples they gave in their latest article are probably indicating what their plans are.They'll be more fun than the oblivion perks :).

As they've done before, they'll probably be selected..so if you have used a certain skill/attribute (or even type of weapon) the perks will be made available to choose from upon leveling. They'll get available for a combo of skills/attributes for things crafting as well.

If you played fallout you'll know how they'll work for a bit. I guess they'll be even more important though. Luckily we aren't level capped so we might be able to use a lot of them :D. The examples they gave in their latest article are probably indicating what their plans are.They'll be more fun than the oblivion perks :).

As they've done before, they'll probably be selected..so if you have used a certain skill/attribute (or even type of weapon) the perks will be made available to choose from upon leveling. They'll get available for a combo of skills/attributes for things crafting as well.

I am so insanely excited about this game; I am excited about DA2 as well but I think I am even more excited about Skyrim!

There's some more information about them:

The Sword Perk increases your chances of landing a critical Strike.

The Mace Perk lets you ignore enemy armor, thus increasing the damage you deal.

The Axe(!) Perk makes the enemy bleed, causing damage over time.

(!) This confirms the differentiation between Weapons. Hopefully we'll see Weapon Types like Mace, Sword, Axe, Dagger, bow - and to go even further - spear, thrown, staff ? :P

It could function in a similar fashion to the talent trees in WoW. It'd make for an interesting system. But I see it as more likely that Bethesda will stick to what they have developed: The perks system from Fallout 3.

It could function in a similar fashion to the talent trees in WoW. It'd make for an interesting system. But I see it as more likely that Bethesda will stick to what they have developed: The perks system from Fallout 3.

FO perks system is ace imo so it's a good move.

The way it's organized makes it difficult to specialize your character, though. It's more like a list of random benefits thought up at the whim of the devs than a coherent plan for your character. You'll never be too sure if spending your one perk point in this slot is a waste or not.

(Yes, I just said that it makes me think too hard and I don't like that)

The way it's organized makes it difficult to specialize your character, though. It's more like a list of random benefits thought up at the whim of the devs than a coherent plan for your character. You'll never be too sure if spending your one perk point in this slot is a waste or not.

(Yes, I just said that it makes me think too hard and I don't like that)

Still almost a year to go so lots could change.