What do you guys think about Korean Music?

Choi_Seungmin

Fantastic? Good enough? so-so? Terrible?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What do think about Korean Music?

• It Rules!! Fantastic!!
    • Good enough. has some unique styles.
    • So-so. and I didn't thought about Korean music.
    • What the... Korean Music? Man, That sucks.

Hello guys~~!! this is Choi_Seungmin. call me Choi. ^_^

well, let's cut to the chase. I like Korean Music. it is because, not only that I'm Korean, I also thank to Korea for having me from birth, and raising me. Yeah. If I was born in America or Britain, I'd feel the same way.

But, I always wondered. "does anybody, I mean, some people in other contries like Korean music as well?"

So, I'm posting this to everyone in the forum. How do you think about Korean Music? Great? just feel them as a music from another contry?

Here's some videos that I really love. right here ↓

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuDG0w9S_X0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAUTM4dIGmY

I wanna know how do you think about Korean Music. ^_^

I have a friend back home who listens to a ton of Korean music as well as Japanese music. Watches a lot of anime too if that means anything.

I've listened to some things I have liked, and other times, not so much. Same goes for other countries. Really, music, like math, is a universal language; even if I cannot understand some or all of the lyrics, I can still enjoy it.

For the most part, I think that Korean music is repulsive and disgusting. Most of it is repetitive to the point of being absolutely obnoxious, much of this due to being written by the same writers who write everything else.

I'm also repulsed by the focus on so called "hook songs" that, instead promoting that artist's ability to sing or whatever, they resort to choreographed dancing.

There is little true talent in the K-Pop industry.

That's just K-Pop. But the rest of it is disgustingly similar too. Korean traditional music is okay to listen to, but I wouldn't do so on a regular basis. It's just well-composed music.

That being said, I do enjoy my own little bit of K-Pop myself. 2ne1, Kara, and the occasional song by the odd artist or two. I think that the Korean rap industry is severely underrated, even though sometimes it's better than most American artists (lookin at you, Lil Wayne).

But Korean music doesn't make up a large part of my music library.

Also, nice to see another Korean on the boards. English doesn't seem to be your first language, however.

Immigrant? Or posting from Korea?

I don't belive I have ever heard Korean music before. Though I am always looking for something new to listen to. In fact just recently my boss has gotten me rather hooked on arabic pop.

Could you recommend something?

Once I've heard it I'll be glad to return and tell you what I think.

Cheers,

Limey.

Never made contact with said music, so I can't say if I like it or not. I can't acces those videos since I'm at work and this PC doesn't realy like youtube most of the time so I won't risk blocking it. If the music you mention is similar to traditional Chinese music, than mayby I do like it a bit, but only the instrumental part. The "voice" parts sound just like an echo in a cave in my ears, since I can't understand a dang thing. I am inclined to like more the traditional stuff rather than the new. I am pretty fond of native american music, also traditional Greek music sounds good in my ears just to give you an example of what I like.

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

Edited by Pushkatu

• 2 weeks later...

I don't belive I have ever heard Korean music before. Though I am always looking for something new to listen to. In fact just recently my boss has gotten me rather hooked on arabic pop.

Could you recommend something?

Once I've heard it I'll be glad to return and tell you what I think.

Cheers,

Limey.

Oh, I'm sorry to reply so late. T_T

well, here are some music I'm fond of right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F-XqdnUWkE

/watch?v=OLAzy1d0QWI&feature=related <= this song is my favorite, attach this after ' .com/ '.

there are many many songs I'm fond of, but I can't recall them. haha...^_^

p.s. I love 'Baby Baby' by '4MEN' Sooooo much.

Edited by Choi_Seungmin