What do you guys think about Korean Music?

Choi_Seungmin

Fantastic? Good enough? so-so? Terrible?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What do think about Korean Music?

• It Rules!! Fantastic!!
    • Good enough. has some unique styles.
    • So-so. and I didn't thought about Korean music.
    • What the... Korean Music? Man, That sucks.

For the most part, I think that Korean music is repulsive and disgusting. Most of it is repetitive to the point of being absolutely obnoxious, much of this due to being written by the same writers who write everything else.

I'm also repulsed by the focus on so called "hook songs" that, instead promoting that artist's ability to sing or whatever, they resort to choreographed dancing.

There is little true talent in the K-Pop industry.

That's just K-Pop. But the rest of it is disgustingly similar too. Korean traditional music is okay to listen to, but I wouldn't do so on a regular basis. It's just well-composed music.

That being said, I do enjoy my own little bit of K-Pop myself. 2ne1, Kara, and the occasional song by the odd artist or two. I think that the Korean rap industry is severely underrated, even though sometimes it's better than most American artists (lookin at you, Lil Wayne).

But Korean music doesn't make up a large part of my music library.

Also, nice to see another Korean on the boards. English doesn't seem to be your first language, however.

Immigrant? Or posting from Korea?

I'm really sorry I reply you so late... T_T

I live in Korea, and I've never been to anywhere else. (well, except for Beijing, China. on a school trip, y'know... haha...^_^)

I'm still learning English more and more through Internet searching. Learning through a book didn't suit me very well. Made me fall asleep... :laugh:

Anyway, Thank you for your thoughts in my topic. I feel nearly the same as you, actually. There were, and are, soooo many songs written by same person in brief history. Sometimes I get upset about that 'Trend', as they call it. but, Sometimes, I don't really care about them. I just feel the music itself like a wind or flow of the water, no lyrics, rather than something like "Oh, this song is made from this man. I knew it was gonna be so famous!", or "I just found out that this traitor sang this song, I'm gonna hate this!".

^_^

Thank you again for your thoought about Korean Music, and Thank you for understanding My English skill like crap. tehehehe,,, :laugh:

Edited by Choi_Seungmin

Hey hey, english only. Part of Nexus rules. Anyway I don't know much about Korean Music, I've heard Wonder Girls and 2NE1. Radio stations in my country play them often, but I like looking at Lee Hyori :biggrin: .

Korean films are a different matter, Old Boy and The Host were excellent!

Edited by d_thumb

Korea is a country I'd like to know more about some day. I dont have much experience with the music produced their, and knowing how universaly diverse music is I'd always caution against grouping a nation's musical output into a single genre, but fromt what i've heard, I like. Korea is a really interesting place in the world, and Im pleased that it's really starting to become a contributing member in the wolrd community, and amazed by how much it's capable of considering it's such a tiny lump of land.