yet another character question

DuckThor21

I know this is getting old :)). I mean..questions about who is your character must be getting old. But I am interested in something.I would like to hear the back story.How did your character get to be in jail at the beginning. Hell, not even the Emperor can answer this question. Please no " My character starts on a boat" answers.I mean vanilla. So..what was your character before the game itself and how did he end up in jail.

My character Maya is a master forest ranger collaborating with the Fighter's Guild, who was falsely accused of poaching and thrown into the local prison. She managed to escape and joined the Dark Brotherhood to avenge her influential enemies - the hidden necromancers in the Mages Guild who need the exotic animal items to create devilish artifacts of black-magic. With forest rangers out of the way in certain provinces, acquiring the animal ingredients became easier for these influential sorcerers.

The Dark Brotherhood wanted to forge a powerful treaty with the Mythic Dawn cult, and found Maya to be a gullible pawn and an expert warrior/archer. Ultimately she landed up in the Imperial Prison because she was caught while trying to steal the Emperor's Amulet as per the orders from the Dark Brotherhood.

Now that the Emperor has himself handed over the precious Amulet to her to take to Jauffre, she is working with the Blades as a double agent. The same guards who threw her into prison are now her firm friends (while pretending outwardly to be trying to arrest her for absconding from jail), and the same brotherhood who pretended to be her saviors are now her sworn enemies (though she is pretending to be still under their sway).

She has handed over a fake replica of the Emperor's Amulet to the Brotherhood to belay their suspicions at her unexpected escape from the Imperial jail, and has started spying on their secrets unobtrusively. Using the Dark Brotherhood's political machinations, she intends to infiltrate the Mythic Dawn cult and cause their secretive leaders to be exposed, arrested or assassinated. She suspects some of the Mythic Dawn to have informants and moles within the Akaviri Blades themselves! Thus she has to be very cautious in her clandestine communications and tread carefullly with the counter-espionage, in order to ferret out the DB moles and slowly destroy their evil bosses.

It is a deadly game of cat and mouse, and only time will tell whether the future of Tamriel can be rewritten by one woman's vindictive path towards vindication

Edited by vvk78

My character Maya is a master forest ranger collaborating with the Fighter's Guild, who was falsely accused of poaching and thrown into the local prison. She managed to escape and joined the Dark Brotherhood to avenge her influential enemies - the hidden necromancers in the Mages Guild who need the exotic animal items to create devilish artifacts of black-magic. With forest rangers out of the way in certain provinces, acquiring the animal ingredients became easier for these influential sorcerers.

The Dark Brotherhood wanted to forge a powerful treaty with the Mythic Dawn cult, and found Maya to be a gullible pawn and an expert warrior/archer. Ultimately she landed up in the Imperial Prison because she was caught while trying to steal the Emperor's Amulet as per the orders from the Dark Brotherhood.

Now that the Emperor has himself handed over the precious Amulet to her to take to Jauffre, she is working with the Blades as a double agent. The same guards who threw her into prison are now her firm friends (while pretending outwardly to be trying to arrest her for absconding from jail), and the same brotherhood who pretended to be her saviors are now her sworn enemies (though she is pretending to be still under their sway).

She has handed over a fake replica of the Emperor's Amulet to the Brotherhood to belay their suspicions at her unexpected escape from the Imperial jail, and has started spying on their secrets unobtrusively. Using the Dark Brotherhood's political machinations, she intends to infiltrate the Mythic Dawn cult and cause their secretive leaders to be exposed, arrested or assassinated. She suspects some of the Mythic Dawn to have informants and moles within the Akaviri Blades themselves! Thus she has to be very cautious in her clandestine communications and tread carefullly with the counter-espionage, in order to ferret out the DB moles and slowly destroy their evil bosses.

It is a deadly game of cat and mouse, and only time will tell whether the future of Tamriel can be rewritten by one woman's vindictive path towards vindication

Way more elaborate than my character but well done.

When a buddy who also plays Oblivion asked me how I ended up in jail I said,"What do you mean that's where I start the game?". He said,"No have you ever thought of a reason as to why you are in jail to began with?". I looked at my TV (played on the 360 before I got Oblivion on the PC and discovered the wonderful world of mods) and my Male Dark Elf Nightblade then back to my friend and said,"public nudity...".

Now I use the mod that lets you start on a boat so I don't have to always play as a former convict. : p

My character, Kryhn, was a student at the Arcane University for 10 years. Everything had been going alright, but when that Immolation spell took place...oh, those people....save them, Tursha!..oh, the horror!

That's why I have to do all those quests to get back into the AU.

There's a boat mod? Would you be so kind as to give me a link?

My character, Kryhn, was a student at the Arcane University for 10 years. Everything had been going alright, but when that Immolation spell took place...oh, those people....save them, Tursha!..oh, the horror!

That's why I have to do all those quests to get back into the AU.

There's a boat mod? Would you be so kind as to give me a link?

Alternate Start:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11495

Alternative start is great, but I prefer: Quickstart with Loot. With the QuickStart mod, when starting a new game, you can skip directly to the end of the tutorial dungeon. Fastest and cleanest way to start with a new character.

This mod may not work if you have Bigger arena spectator fights mod. So, make sure you make a savegame at the sewer exit and backup your saves before trying Quickstart or Alternate Start.

Edited by vvk78

I'm afraid if I post any more on my characters, I'll get in trouble for spamming...I've done pictures and profiles on three different similar threads, some of which are still active... :tongue: Edited by majikmonkee

My character,Nightroad, was at the Arcane University.Until the quest with the vampires at the cave near Skinrad.He kill them all but he contracted the vampire curse,Porphyric Hemophilia.He knew that he can't stay too much there so he started a new life,the life of a vampire thief. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hmm well...my character (Ayra) isn't even the person who starts off in the sewers. I made her specifically for a fanfic that I'm writing. While the Champion of Cyrodiil is imprisoned at the beginning of the game, the whole reason is because "he killed someone he shouldn't have. Someone of extreme importance." Now he finds the emperor himself in his cell, and eventually finds freedom. He now has a second chance, and while he's fighting the daedra of Oblivion, traversing from city to city from one end of Cyrodiil to the other, he feels as though he's being watched, and eventually finds an ex Dark Brotherhood assassin, a beautiful dunmer woman with a striking appearance. She certainly knew how to stand out from a crowd, she had a tattoo of the Daedric symbol S on the right of her face right below her right eye, and perhaps even more unusual about her appearance is her blue white eyes. While all Dunmer have Red eyes, she does not, for whatever reason, unknown to the reader, she has blue eyes.

Actually you know what? that wasn't even relevant to the topic, seeing as it's about how your character got in the cell and I went on about my own character from my fanfic. I hope a moderator can delete that. I shouldn't have posted it on this thread =/