How do I get graphics like these?...

Erchino

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot for the Moonshadow Elves link, they're my new default race now :P.

But yeah the neck seams seem to be universal, but oh well, only minor annoyance. But looks like I managed to get the top notch graphics I was looking forward to get. Antialiasing also made a big difference (I did it by using the method described in a previous post, using the graphic card's settings). Thanks a lot guys! Help very much appreciated.

OK, female-wise, everything seems to be top notch. However, male wise, there are a lot of inconsistencies. I am using High Rez with MaleBodyReplacerv4. For some reason, the faces of the male NPCs just look average and also don't match the body of the malebodyreplacer at all. Is the High Rez for the player only or for all NPCs? Are there any specific settings with the High Rez install that I need to set or is there any mod that fixes this? Edited by Erchino

OK, female-wise, everything seems to be top notch. However, male wise, there are a lot of inconsistencies. I am using High Rez with MaleBodyReplacerv4. For some reason, the faces of the male NPCs just look average and also don't match the body of the malebodyreplacer at all. Is the High Rez for the player only or for all NPCs? Are there any specific settings with the High Rez install that I need to set or is there any mod that fixes this?

The game uses one head mesh/texture per race. So all actors(PC and NPC) from certain race will share same head mesh/texture, regardless of gender. For example, if I use Slof's Dremora texture for male and F-Inev Oblivion skinset Dremora texture for female, either head texture won't match to the rest. Unless any modder make matching head/body texture for both gender, I don't think you can solve this problem. Or, you can duplicate vanilla race, then make it male or female only. But if it is applied on NPCs, it can become lot of works....

Ah I see thank you for the explanation. Well, as long as they have clothes that cover their necks, they look fine I guess. One thing about the Moonshadow Elf (or pehaps this is for all races) but I began to notice that all of the sudden my character makes an angry face every time it looks at an NPC. Was this always in Oblivion or was it added through some other mod? I would actually like to remove the weird face my character make at the sight of an NPC, but I do not know if this is just a default feature or something I added by accident. I am assuming it's from the Moonshadow Elf mod because one of the optional files is a "facial expression fix".

i don't like Japanese mods in my western RPG. Why does everyone make them lol? there are not too many weapons/armor/races/hair mods that look normal next to the environment.

"my western rpg", i bet i just responded to a somekind of troll post but no one asks you to download them if you don't like them in your game. :)

I don't like extreme anime mods because i think they are creepy (i saw some doll mod and i didnt know what to think xD) but if you say moonshadow elves is an anime mod then you have no idea what some japanese sites are sharing.

i don't like Japanese mods in my western RPG. Why does everyone make them lol? there are not too many weapons/armor/races/hair mods that look normal next to the environment.

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of my Persocom blowing stuff up.

Edited by DesuChan