Realistic Weight

ThelastKaveman

(I currently don't have a PC at the moment [i'm on a laptop that barely supports the internet] so I won't be able to make/try anything + I really lack the skills anyway :confused: )

Okay so I'm not really sure if this would be possible but I think a mod like this would add a real tactical side to the gameplay.

I'll just bullet point the changes.

-Can only carry one outfit at a time (the one your wearing). Maybe when you pick up some clothes a menu comes up if you want to wear them/ignore them

-You can only carry, say, a rifle (two handed weapon) a one handed rifle and a melee weapon. For instance you would only be able to carry a Chinese assault rifle/10mm sub machine gun/baseball bat.

-I think all the weapons should show at once. I've seen a mod like this that I think would work well with this mod (can anyone give me a link to it?) as it shows a random assortment of weapons and, as you only have 3, it would show all the right ones.

-Somehow get one of the backpack mods working with this mod so you can carry more weapons (couple more pistols or one or two more rifles and some clothes)

- I guess there are already a lot of mods out already that adjust weights to more realistic ones but maybe you could go even further, like you can only carry about 5 water bottles and (I imagine) only about 20-30 stims

There are maybe some other things that I've forgot that I'll put up if I remember.

I think that maybe at least some of this would have to be done through scripting.

Also I know this would probably mean a large amount of work and, if anyone does decide to create this mod, I'll do as much as I possibly can to help.

( If it sounds like I'm chatting complete s*** then its because I basically have no knowledge of modding except for installing them etc :sweat: )

Yeah, I'm in the same position as you and its good to know there's at least some support :happy:

And yeah I like your idea. I think that reducing the weight wouldn't work as you would, like, still be able to just carry nothing except guns then you would probably be able to carry more so you would have to definitely use some sort of scripting

• 2 weeks later...
If a script can detect what "slot" an item goes in or which category it goes into in the pipboy, something like this might be possible. Looking at the FOSE documentation, I think it can.