Help, Epic levels of ugly! And I mean epic

vram1974

I was playing around with installing and uninstalling mods as usual and suddenly all the women have the same round, super disgusting ugly face. The kind of face that's so ugly you want to sick on yourself:

http://i.imgur.com/Z5vhMbP.jpg

At first I thought like you, that it's just the facial geometry has been changed so I went to

data-->meshes-->actors-->character-->FaceGenData-->FaceGeom--> and deleted Skyrim.esm.

But the super super super ugly faces persist. And they're the default face for anyone who doesn't have a custom FaceGeom file.

I know it's some mod I must have installed but the faces are still there even after I delete the entire FaceGeom folder. So it's somehow the default geometry of every female face in Skyrim.

Can anyone help? My eye candy suddenly became a barf bag

I think you'll have to determine what mod it was and reinstall it, or you could try another female race mod and see if the geometry updates correctly or at least gets replaced with something more appealing. Hopefully you didn't have a lot of race mods, it should make it easier to find the right one.

hm, I disabled every single ESP and the facial geometry is still the same so it must be something in my data folder.

Last night I tried looking for old scripts, removing FaceGenData, installing ECE, uninstalling racemenu, but nothing has worked.

I might need to nuke the data directory and reinstall the mods I'm using.

I'd recommend that course of action, and reinstalling mods using MO (Mod Organizer) as it installs mods 'isolated' so you don't get loads of glitches from data-folder overwrites. No overwrites, mods installed isolated. Much better.

Ok I basically reinstalled Skyrim and the problem persists. Is there anything anywhere in my system that could be causing this horrible warping of the women's faces? I'm really at a loss here.

I even reinstalled my mods with Mod Organizer and my Skyrim data folder is empty on the disk. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The women are so so so so so ugly.

Caliente's bodies with Fair Skin Complexion. I added those after the fresh install I just did.

I don't know why the women are still so ugly. Maybe there's something cached somewhere. I may need to use CC Cleaner or something.

I even redownloaded all the files from Steam so I don't understand.

I thought maybe it was my ENB but it looks the same without ENB

The female presets are breathtakingly ugly but it's the facial geometry. All the lips are very tightly pursed for some insane reason. Look:

http://i.imgur.com/Cim27fU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/d58yP3s.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/z7t2EEr.jpg

If anyone has a tutorial to help me out I would appreciate it. I've been agonizing over this for 3 days now.

So I finally fixed my problem using a guide I found online. It was very helpful.

To be honest I don't really know what the problem is between Nexus and this other site and I've never really asked. I suppose I won't link there because I don't want to break any unspoken rules but this is one of the best Skyrim guides I've ever followed.

Google "Anatriax's Wonderful World of Skyrim"

Unfortunately I may never know what was wrong. After removing all my mods the problem persisted and even after deleting the game content it was still there. So I did a complete wipe of Skyrim and reinstalled according to the guide.

With Mod Organizer instead of Nexus Mods however if something goes wrong I should be able to isolate it fairly quickly.

I started this process a week ago and I'm still not back to my fully modded Skyrim setup. I reached 277 mods and had to merge down to 204. I still have to find room for 56 more mods in my backup folder but that shouldn't be too hard.

What's tricky about Mod Organizer is learning to use the left pane navigation tool since some mods overwrite each other and you want to make sure the best meshes and textures get the best spot in the list.