The Elder Scrolls VI - My personal opinionated prediction

OpenWorldAddict

So, now that Fallout 4 has been announced, and it has been revealed that it is coming out late fall this year, I predict that we will see The Elder Scrolls VI being announced sometime in the spring or summer of 2019, and we will see the release of that game either in the fall of 2019 or the winter of 2020. Why that long? Hear me out:

So Skyrim's trailer was released in early summer of 2011, with the release date of the game Nov 11, 2011. After the game was released, Bethesda continued working on it, patching it, add new features, releasing the Dawnguard and Dragonborn expansions, as well as the Hearthfire DLC, until march 19th, 2013 when the released the last patch for the game, a year and a half later. They even came out with the legendary edition for it in June (which is the version I have).

It has been 2 years since we heard anything from the development team in Bethesda, and now, two years later on June 3, 2015, Fallout 4 is announced, and there is rumors that it will be released December 31, 2015. If we assume that Fallout 4 will follow the same development pattern, it safe to assume that work on Fallout 4 with patches and added content through expansions, dlc, and patch content; will continue until sometime in June of 2017, after which development on Fallout 4 will stop as Besthesda focuses on their next project which should be The Elder Scrolls VI. It might also be safe to assume that a complete edition of Fallout 4 with everything included might come out 3 to 6 months after that; which means September to December 2017.

Now, lets assume that the development process for The Elder Scrolls VI will take about the same amount of time after they stop working on Fallout 4, which means between two to two and a half years, which brings the announcement time and release time for The Elder Scrolls VI to the timeframe I gave above. So, that is my prediction. It will be another 4 to 4 and a half years before The Elder Scrolls series once again takes center stage.

So, now that Fallout 4 has been announced, and it has been revealed that it is coming out late fall this year, I predict that we will see The Elder Scrolls VI being announced sometime in the spring or summer of 2019, and we will see the release of that game either in the fall of 2019 or the winter of 2020. Why that long? Hear me out:

So Skyrim's trailer was released in early summer of 2011, with the release date of the game Nov 11, 2011. After the game was released, Bethesda continued working on it, patching it, add new features, releasing the Dawnguard and Dragonborn expansions, as well as the Hearthfire DLC, until march 19th, 2013 when the released the last patch for the game, a year and a half later. They even came out with the legendary edition for it in June (which is the version I have).

It has been 2 years since we heard anything from the development team in Bethesda, and now, two years later on June 3, 2015, Fallout 4 is announced, and there is rumors that it will be released December 31, 2015. If we assume that Fallout 4 will follow the same development pattern, it safe to assume that work on Fallout 4 with patches and added content through expansions, dlc, and patch content; will continue until sometime in June of 2017, after which development on Fallout 4 will stop as Besthesda focuses on their next project which should be The Elder Scrolls VI. It might also be safe to assume that a complete edition of Fallout 4 with everything included might come out 3 to 6 months after that; which means September to December 2017.

Now, lets assume that the development process for The Elder Scrolls VI will take about the same amount of time after they stop working on Fallout 4, which means between two to two and a half years, which brings the announcement time and release time for The Elder Scrolls VI to the timeframe I gave above. So, that is my prediction. It will be another 4 to 4 and a half years before The Elder Scrolls series once again takes center stage.

Arena March 1994

Daggerfall August 31,1996

Fallout September 30, 1997

Fallout 2 September 30, 1998

Morrowind May 12, 2003

Oblivion March 20, 2006

Fallout 3 October 28, 2008

Skyrim Nov. 11, 2011

Fallout 4 before Christmas 2015

Elder Scrolls 6 to be released (my guess) late 2016 or late 2017

Bethesda should be flush with cash after the colossal success of Skyrim, they have the resources to work on multiple projects.

As for the Dec. 31st date for FO4 I just can't see that. From a marketing perspective that would be gross incompetence. Their target date needs to be pre-Christmas to maximize sales in the peak shopping period. They had that right for Skyrim, they should want to repeat it in all future releases.

My prediction for the game - when it first comes out we will love it. We will ooh and aw over how incredible it is and we will marvel over the skills of the devs. After we have played it through 10 times over then we will whine and complain at how bad it is and how they cheated us and should have given us more. Then we will start to eagerly anticipate the release of ES 7. :teehee: