My Rant At the Gaming Industry

Azrael120782

for me? the absurd amounts of bugs,issues,questlines being broken,half assed ideas.poor ai.

(On release)

FO3-NV.

Ive had FO3 since release and i installed it and played the snot out of it and I had little or no issues like I do on FNV,I REALLY like the game,yet it bothers me so much when games are ruined by shoddy work.

Bethesda slapped their name on it, so they take ownership of it regardless. And Obsidian is to blame too for making such a crappy quality game. And I heard the X box 360 DLC for NV is utter garbage, I heard from a friend of mine its the most horrible DLC hes ever gotten for any game. Don't buy the Dead Money DLC, because that is exactly what will happen do your money lol. The irony for the name is just killing me. Edited by crimsonedge11

Well after playing a multitude of games over the past almost 15 years of my life,Ive noticed something. Its all the same now.All the racers are the same,all the shooters are the same,all the rpgs errirly feel the same way. BUt let me digress into a few subjects

Game Engines-I love pretty graphics.Ironclads SOASE,CCPs EVE online,they look fantastic. the Unreal Tech Engine,is just fantastic. The Gambryo engine has its moments too. But in these engines,(seems like the Gambryo hasnt) have all gone FORWARD. The UTE gets better and better every year! But the Gambryo engine,despite being slightly newer,feels like it hasnt advanced at all.THe same stupid anoyying bugs persist and well,it really ruins a game.

Enemy AI-I love a game where the ai isnt an idiot. Gears of War,Tom Clancy,Halo,DiRt,FOrza,all had great AIs.Fallout 3,decent,made better with the modding community,but NV is terrible!! Its the same attack patterns for every single npc.nobody uses cover and its all charge get owned with my shotgun. In Gears they at least tried to use flanking,and concentrated fire,but here in some games,its pathetic.

Story telling-Almost every game since 2000 I have felt lacked a good storyline in it.Halo was great,until 2 and 3 dropped the ball. THe RPGs had mostly good stories if stale and repetive.I mean,its always Go do this go collect that for the rpgs or go kill so and so or go kill so many of these for shooters. its all the same nowadays

Broken Promises/Broken gameplay/half-assed ideas-Fallouts victim of this,SPORE is hughly raped of this,Singularity is hurt from it.So many games are from devs being stuck in the time constraints. go watch the E3 debut of SPORE on youtube,then play it.it feels so half baked. Singularity,a game iwth a great idea,and concept,thats proven to be fun and fresh,killed by a time constraint.Fallout 3s unimplimented Ironsights,New Vegases half baked weapon mods are a few examples of this.

Hype-COD,Crysis(AKA the Computer Killer) and so many other games become ruined by hype.Or they just become so hyped up you just wanna punch that so of a turd knocker for constantly talking about it every 30 seconds *cough*black ops*cough*

Greed-I know changing times mean changing vaules.But come on? Seriously? Sure collectors editions should be worth more and thats cool,but the game prices in general are rising. Even the bargin bin games are still expensive.Look at Singularity,a game that came out in June of 2010. Rlease? 60 bucks fine and dandy. But Come fo now its STILL 60 bucks.Im not supporting pircay,but these high game prices force it onto people :/ Along with DRM..

Onto the DRM.Its cool,I like it.the idfea of it anyways it keeps pirates away.welll no..its been proven time and time again,people will want to break anything thats protected.DRM doesnt stop piracy it only slows it downs and proves that its kinda hard to stop. I dont like it because its not so much fun when it decides to goof up.Steam is famouse for this,and so many other tried and yet failed are too. the concept is sound,but the action isnt. I mean,Im sure im not the only one who has had a DRM fail on you when you have the disc and it refuses to work ever again. OR EAs stupid 3 time install thing.

Well this is mah rant for now,lets hear a mature discussion on the topics presented :D its laways fun to get those kinds of things going.

Eh mate I must admit I agree hell ov a lot with this...

games nowdays arnt made for the people, They made for profit or gain...

I wish a company would make a game that gamers ask for...hell let the gamers make the damn game....

It's all about shiny graphics and making more money that this person....Oh well.....

Why do I seem to be the only one who wants the game companies to make money? The more money they have the more money they can invest in the next game. I remember back when I could write a game by myself that was close to as good as any game you could buy. That day is long, long gone and that is a good thing. How much money has Bethesda put into Skrim? Can a company that doesn't earn large profits make such an investment?

The above statement is not in any way an endorsement of Steam or any other particular tactic game companies and publishers use. ;)

I agree that good quality games are not made so much anymore like Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption or Bloodlines, now they are some class games.

Sure theres some good games out there but I ment RPG-Open Ended games that make you do what you wish to do.

I have not played much games in the last few years but the ones I have played, i have not found another game quite like them.

Like Dungeon Siege (original games) DS2 was ok but it did not require loading of any sort (except Loading the World)

Devslike Interplay, Black isle Studios , Edios,( and some of the lesser known Studios that have made tremedous games in the past) have either disapated, gone bankrupt, been bought out and renamed or still fighting for suvival but not enough to create any new games to date.

The Global ecomony in gaming in my eyes is slowly dying, especially for PC based games. (Example is when I view into my local Games store (Game, gamestation, HMV) they either have little or no PC section. I have to refer to go online or to one of the bigger stores.

There used to be 3 independant Gaming stores but they ran out of business during the UK Rescession.

The last one closed down about 4 years ago and now there is a poxy hair salon there... and 4 other salons are just next to it.

I guess getting your hair done is the way of future gaming.

I know getting games either via steam or what ever is the thing right now, but I always prefered a "Hard copy" of the disc not some File download. that would take hours even a day or so on my little wireless broadband.

And say if it got deleted or my cpu died I would guess I would have to pay for it again, adding more to the Fat cats Pockets

Ok I think I said my "two-cents" And no, they can not have my two-cents niether.

~Draken