Weapon mod ideas

Fatalmasterpiece

A new game engine doesn't mean it will be easier to make or even possible. It all relies on if havok physics will be applicable to weapons. If so then maybe... I would like to see them but that all depends on the developers.

Good point, but if they made it possible what weapon mod ideas would you like to see?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would nordic weapons be inferior to imperial (roman) ones? Nordic claymores/swords were of superior quality to roman and say celtic/scottish weapons of the same era.

Not to mention i would like to have some good looking high leveled swords. why should my nordic viking character have to use the ugly ass ebony/glass/deadric weapons? he would use nordic weapons... Would it not be better to have weapons of any make scale in quality? 'nordic' or 'imperial' could be of many makes and qualities. a well crafted nordic blade could well surpass a ebony one in power. I wan't good looking real weapons, not be forced to use ugly ones because they are x2 as strong.

Why would nordic weapons be inferior to imperial (roman) ones? Nordic claymores/swords were of superior quality to roman and say celtic/scottish weapons of the same era.

Not to mention i would like to have some good looking high leveled swords. why should my nordic viking character have to use the ugly ass ebony/glass/deadric weapons? he would use nordic weapons... Would it not be better to have weapons of any make scale in quality? 'nordic' or 'imperial' could be of many makes and qualities. a well crafted nordic blade could well surpass a ebony one in power. I wan't good looking real weapons, not be forced to use ugly ones because they are x2 as strong.

You wouldn't be "forced" to do anything. It's a mod. If you don't like it, don't download it.

I never said nordic blades would be inferior to Imperial. If they come before them in the list it's just because I had to make a list somehow, and something in lists come before or after other things.

Sorry, the finest crafted Nordic blade made of steel will always be inferior to an ebony weapon which is by definition master crafted of ultra rare materials. That's just the way the game world was written. I addition you may notice that Stahlrim in on the list, if you were more familar with the lore you might know it's an ultrarare nordic material which I put on par with ebony...

And FFS you haven't even seen the models or textures I want to make yet, how do you know they are going to be ugly? :rolleyes:

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

You wouldn't be "forced" to do anything. It's a mod. If you don't like it, don't download it.

I never said nordic blades would be inferior to Imperial. If they come before them in the list it's just because I had to make a list somehow, and something in lists come before or after other things.

Sorry, the finest crafted Nordic blade made of steel will always be inferior to an ebony weapon which is by definition master crafted of ultra rare materials. That's just the way the game world was written. I addition you may notice that Stahlrim in on the list, if you were more familar with the lore you might know it's an ultrarare nordic material which I put on par with ebony...

And FFS you haven't even seen the models or textures I want to make yet, how do you know they are going to be ugly? :rolleyes:

I was thinking of oblivion designs and the look of the material when i wrote that, hated how i were forced to use those weapons. But no i did not know of stahlrim, in which case the master crafted nord weapon would be of such make then. I was not going off your modding skills or at your throat at all, just that i would hate another good mod ending in top tier weapons being the eccentric looking ones.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4lrm97dBqNo/TTBUaRpZzTI/AAAAAAAAAXk/paz_Vi26-Og/s1600/skyrim_016.jpg

Yeah they are in there. This weapon looks alright to me but the handle needs to be redesigned... it's really fat and cumbersome, almost looks like it's clipping into his hand a little bit.

With such an elaborate axe head the haft should not look like a small tree branch which has been whittled down a little bit. Over all the axe is just too fat in general. Something like this would be more ornamental and never actually see use in combat.

This is an unfortunate general theme for all the weapons I have seen for Skyrim thus far, and Oblivion and Morrowind and every other fantasy game out there... blah rant over :wallbash:

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

You could also include more traditional dwarven weaponry, such as the axes seen in Lord of the Rings.

http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/lordoftherings/images/uc1397.jpg http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/55237/55237,1149288451,2/stock-photo-ornate-double-headed-battle-axe-isolated-1394779.jpg http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images//AUTOIMAGES/UC2628lg.jpg