FNVedit program

gphish

everytime I use this tool to create a merge file i loose or cant find registry key.

Fatal: Could not open registry key: \SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\FalloutNV\

only way so far to get it back is to reinstall FONV from steam. (I have tried just validating install but doesnt work).

Can some pst a solution or at least this missing kay so I can continue?

Problem solved. OK if you use FNVedit to create a merge of esp"s and esm's for some reason your FONV registry keys will disappear. Now thats not as problem and doesn't effect the game but if you delete the merge patch and try to create a new one you will not be able to due to the key is missing in the registry. you will get the above error. Now this effects me I'm on Vista Ultimate 64. So the solution is to run regedit and to export your Bethesda Softworks key to a file somewhere and save it. Once you need to create a another merge file and get the error simply double click on that saved file and it will add the key missing. Done deal.

• 8 months later...

Problem solved. OK if you use FNVedit to create a merge of esp"s and esm's for some reason your FONV registry keys will disappear. Now thats not as problem and doesn't effect the game but if you delete the merge patch and try to create a new one you will not be able to due to the key is missing in the registry. you will get the above error. Now this effects me I'm on Vista Ultimate 64. So the solution is to run regedit and to export your Bethesda Softworks key to a file somewhere and save it. Once you need to create a another merge file and get the error simply double click on that saved file and it will add the key missing. Done deal.

Not to kick a dead horse in the nuts, but can you elaborate this in more detail?

No idea how to do any of that stuff and what/where the Bethesda Softworks key is.