max of 15 FPS on windows 7?

oblivpomd

There is a lot of graphical clutter in Better Cities.

Firstly, turn off the wine barrels in the areas that have them - that (on my system) is an instant jump in frame rate.

Next, use the fps patches - it declutters the area so you are not rendering so many objects

Also hunt down the 3GB memory patch for Oblivion ... it's a 32 bit game so it can't use the rest, but allowing it to use an extra GB is useful.

@Rededge - yes, that's just how a lot of these mods are. The game engine is just not suitable for having lots of high-polygon models on the screen at once. That is why in vanilla Oblivion the cities are their own worldspace, because otherwise the number of models gets too large for even the fastest machine to cope with.

Mods like BC are especially bad because they include so many other mods and it's hard to know what is causing the FPS drag. A big problem typically is new structures, like custom buildings or ships (I love Mr Siika's ships but they are just way too polygon intensive) that bog the whole game down.

You haven't been "duped" by the screenshots exactly. But you have to understand that a lot of people put in a lot of mods just to take screenshots. Personally I find a lot of the stuff people recommend, ends up making the game unplayable for me, because I want it to run at 60fps all the time. FWIW I'm running a i7 920 with 6GB RAM and a Radeon HD5970. I run at 1920x1080 with HDR and 4xAA / 4xAF and I normally get 60fps everywhere. But just dropping one of Mr Siika's custom ships into Anvil harbor will drop my FPS there to 45 or so.

Oblivion Stutter Remover will help you. With the power you have in the original PC is quite enough. That's a 430 nVidia on a 6150SE chipset? Yeah, just turn off any video ram sharing. Your FPS is generally about right for your machine with Vanilla heap management, which is where OSR sets a great enhancement. The rest will be tedious tweaking. I manage 25-45 exteriors with RAEVWD and default gridcount and treerange, 60+ interiors on my dinosaurus OPteron on a 939 board. Mostly getting an average increase of 20 FPS with OSR.<br> Edited by MOTOSXORPIO