⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 Mods you'd like to see

charwo

Fallout 4 Mods you want to see  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which if any of the following mods sounds like soemthing you'd like?

• Family Survival Pack
    • Cogsworth Companion & Upgrade
    • No Place Like Home Resotration Kit
    • Real Animals I (real animals not at the expense of mutated critters)
    • Real Animals II (real animals partly replacing mutants [real cows instead of Brahmin])
    • Real Animals III (real animals that could live in the Boston Area that don't now but could with SCIENCE!)
    • NVB sequel where Doc Friday and 111 survivor were long distance friends pre-war and kick ass together again
    • USA Restoration mod
    • Before the Leaves Fall (pre-war autmn flora as Green Mod)
    • Claasic Car (Restore a pre-war Car to Pre-war awesomeness either as actual ride or fast travel like Fallout 2)

In case anyone's wondering, I definitely plan on bringing CaliberX to Boston. Probably won't happen for a couple months after release though, I want to get a feel for how everything works first. I'll -definitely- need help with models/texture work, so expect to see a thread pop up asking for such once I get the ball rolling.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a little thing, but small as it is I don't have the coding chops for it and it would make help, I think, a lot of people.

Make it so that, after a 1-2 second mouse-over , a preview (pre-Listen?) of what your character is going to say plays for you.

When I play games like Mass Effect, or most of the Tell-tale games, I am sometimes surprised and disappointed in the conversation selections I make. And Fallout 4 seems to be taking a similar approach to conversation, now. This is fine, I don't actually have a problem with this, but it would be nice to know in advance what I am going to say. Just changing the text description of each option to show what I'll be saying will probably clutter the screen up horribly, and even then it would not convey tone of voice. Having it so that a 1-2 second mouse-over causes a preview of what I will say to play solves all of these problems.

But I have not the coding chops to be able to make the GECK do such a thing, as I said. And this seemed like the best place to put this idea. Sorry if it's off-topic.

The flow of dialogue would be so wonky if you were to sit around listening to each option in the middle of the conversation.

Mass Effect took things to such a better and more fun experience compared to anything Bethesda has made thus far. Any step Fallout 4 takes to looking like Mass Effect's dialogue system is the best news ever.

I hated having to read through long, drawn out dialogue choices in Fallout 3, the short choices are the way to go, keeps the conversation moving and smooth.

Fallout 3 is boring due to writers. Don't blame the dialogue system, it works great in NV. Bioware have better writers, but they couldn't save DA2, and DAO has better writing than DA2.

This is a little thing, but small as it is I don't have the coding chops for it and it would make help, I think, a lot of people.

Make it so that, after a 1-2 second mouse-over , a preview (pre-Listen?) of what your character is going to say plays for you.

When I play games like Mass Effect, or most of the Tell-tale games, I am sometimes surprised and disappointed in the conversation selections I make. And Fallout 4 seems to be taking a similar approach to conversation, now. This is fine, I don't actually have a problem with this, but it would be nice to know in advance what I am going to say. Just changing the text description of each option to show what I'll be saying will probably clutter the screen up horribly, and even then it would not convey tone of voice. Having it so that a 1-2 second mouse-over causes a preview of what I will say to play solves all of these problems.

But I have not the coding chops to be able to make the GECK do such a thing, as I said. And this seemed like the best place to put this idea. Sorry if it's off-topic.

The flow of dialogue would be so wonky if you were to sit around listening to each option in the middle of the conversation.

Mass Effect took things to such a better and more fun experience compared to anything Bethesda has made thus far. Any step Fallout 4 takes to looking like Mass Effect's dialogue system is the best news ever.

I hated having to read through long, drawn out dialogue choices in Fallout 3, the short choices are the way to go, keeps the conversation moving and smooth.

Fallout 3 is boring due to writers. Don't blame the dialogue system, it works great in NV. Bioware have better writers, but they couldn't save DA2, and DAO has better writing than DA2.

I don't want to sit there and have to read out 3 complete answers before I make a choice...

Maybe I'm just a fast reader, but picking my answer with a NV or FO3 style system only takes me a couple seconds >.> And on that note, I'm actually looking forward to the voiced PC. Playing a mute gets -really- boring after a while.

It isn't that it takes time, I just don't want to know the full blown phrase that the player would have said IF I just so happened to be evil. If I choose to say the nice thing, having to read the evil thing breaks the flow of things for me.

It isn't a big problem, but it just seems so much more smooth is Mass Effect, when I don't have to read out, "I am going to take this stick and shove it into your eye until you bleed to death" when I am playing a good guy. I see an option that simply says "I'll kill you" and I know not to press that one.

Then when I come through the game a second time and want to be evil, It will be fresh and new when I click "I'll kill you" and I get to hear my character read out a totally new line.

So if anything, it is more about not having spoilers for your second play through than anything.

Ah, fair enough. I've noticed that (at least in 3 and NV), the tree tends to start off with the "everything's great" type options, then the "eh, that kinda sucked", then finally bottoming out with the "f*#@ it, Imma be evil" option. Hopefully switching to a Mass Effect style doesn't mess me up too much >.>

Ah, fair enough. I've noticed that (at least in 3 and NV), the tree tends to start off with the "everything's great" type options, then the "eh, that kinda sucked", then finally bottoming out with the "f*** it, Imma be evil" option. Hopefully switching to a Mass Effect style doesn't mess me up too much >.>

The trees in my mod grow in all sorts of crazy directions you wouldn't expect...

I would like to see a mod that lets your character bark commands at your canine companion. Bark . . Baaarrrk . . Wooof ( Attack That Raider. )

For those in the know, would it be more burdensome to use the subtitles options to replace the "general" dialog option with the complete phrase your character will say in text. I'd almost prefer that, but I'll take playing the audioclip ahead of time. I would greatly prefer to know exactly what my character is about to say.

I'd like to see a Fallout: 4 version of Realistic Needs and Wet and Cold. The character would need to eat and drink to stay healthy, rain would make a character wet and cold and would have to stand near an open flame or a fire barrel to dry off and warm up, also getting enough sleep would be important as well.