Fallout 4 Mods you'd like to see

charwo

Fallout 4 Mods you want to see  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which if any of the following mods sounds like soemthing you'd like?

• Family Survival Pack
    • Cogsworth Companion & Upgrade
    • No Place Like Home Resotration Kit
    • Real Animals I (real animals not at the expense of mutated critters)
    • Real Animals II (real animals partly replacing mutants [real cows instead of Brahmin])
    • Real Animals III (real animals that could live in the Boston Area that don't now but could with SCIENCE!)
    • NVB sequel where Doc Friday and 111 survivor were long distance friends pre-war and kick ass together again
    • USA Restoration mod
    • Before the Leaves Fall (pre-war autmn flora as Green Mod)
    • Claasic Car (Restore a pre-war Car to Pre-war awesomeness either as actual ride or fast travel like Fallout 2)

I'd like to see a Fallout: 4 version of Realistic Needs and Wet and Cold. The character would need to eat and drink to stay healthy, rain would make a character wet and cold and would have to stand near an open flame or a fire barrel to dry off and warm up, also getting enough sleep would be important as well.

Then I hope it happens to companions as well. Change their idle animations when they suffer. It will be Gods Will Be Watching meets fallout. Everyone sacrifices.

[edit] My dog will be Marvin.

Edited by dufake

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second the RND and wet n cold type of mod. One of the first things I did for New Vegas was tweak the hardcore rates so my character would need to eat drink on a much more frequent basis. Having the hot/cold affect the player and NPCs would be great. Adding illnesses would be fun too.

I'd also add a comprehensive economy mod. Too often, we take the approach of just tweaking restock rates. Why not make it tangible and dynamic with full participation from NPCs? This would mean shops are frequented by local NPCs. Store owners would need true supply sources, and prices could fluctuate based on supply and demand.

charwo - it would be great to have it in Fallout NV too, but for Fallout 4 it'd work not just for the Player character but in the E3 demo they said that with settlement you can send out caravans so it would be useful for that aspect too. though I don't know with the caravans if you can just make money or receive trade good, but it may create a supply and demand mechanic. also another Mod I over looked that would be interesting is Immersive Citizens (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65013/?)

Immersive Citizens is an outstanding mod. I don't play Skyrim without it and the NPCs are leaps and bounds more interesting than Bethesda vanilla NPCs.

So yeah, I would second it. I've been working on a new worldspace for TTW for over a year (on and off... I keep getting distracted by work and family... maybe I should quit and get a divorce to devote myself to important things ? LOL ) and one of the things I wanted to implement with the NPCs in the main settlement was relationship points. Sorta like with Willow, how she opens up more as you get to know her, but this would be with everyone. One NPC for instance is very reclusive and will hardly speak to you when you approach them, but after they see you several times over several days and you don't do anything the NPC doesn't like in town, he approaches you and asks you what your story is. Only then can you get to know him and learn some interesting things about the town.

That's just an example. I think trying to make NPC relations less iterative, as in "click this bit of dialogue, then the next, then go back and try another dialogue path" is a good thing and makes conversations more organic.

Tying the concept in with economy and needs makes it even more immersive... imagine an NPC telling you to bugger off because they are in the middle of eating and they are hungry. Or to tell you they will speak with you in a moment because they are in a hurry to get to the shop before the shop runs out of the flour that was just delivered by a caravan...

With clever design and attention to detail, it could be pretty amazing.

Immersive Citizens is an outstanding mod. I don't play Skyrim without it and the NPCs are leaps and bounds more interesting than Bethesda vanilla NPCs.

So yeah, I would second it. I've been working on a new worldspace for TTW for over a year (on and off... I keep getting distracted by work and family... maybe I should quit and get a divorce to devote myself to important things ? LOL ) and one of the things I wanted to implement with the NPCs in the main settlement was relationship points. Sorta like with Willow, how she opens up more as you get to know her, but this would be with everyone. One NPC for instance is very reclusive and will hardly speak to you when you approach them, but after they see you several times over several days and you don't do anything the NPC doesn't like in town, he approaches you and asks you what your story is. Only then can you get to know him and learn some interesting things about the town.

That's just an example. I think trying to make NPC relations less iterative, as in "click this bit of dialogue, then the next, then go back and try another dialogue path" is a good thing and makes conversations more organic.

Tying the concept in with economy and needs makes it even more immersive... imagine an NPC telling you to bugger off because they are in the middle of eating and they are hungry. Or to tell you they will speak with you in a moment because they are in a hurry to get to the shop before the shop runs out of the flour that was just delivered by a caravan...

With clever design and attention to detail, it could be pretty amazing.

I'm kindof doing what you suggested with a small amount of NPCs. I tried it with about 25 back in the Fallout 3 days and it was just way too much work and my settlement never got finished. Now I am just building characters to add onto the existing settlements, so the fact that Bethesda is adding that feature saves me an insane amount of work.

I've already filled up a 100 page notebook with dialogue and am working through my second notebook.

Hmm, well, of course I want mods, but my first concern is how fast we'll get the tools to make those mods. I could kill for a TESSnip and NifSkope for FO4. Once those are in place, the community will come up with every crazy idea, like it always has, and people can actually implement those.