Skyrim mods wont show up in game .

timmy1023

So i just switched from console to pc .. did a fresh game install and then started downloading some mods ... everything that i see was installed correctly and its all checked .. out of like 6 mods only one will load up into game .. any ideas on how i can fix this ? (not a steam version )

ALL versions of Skyrim are Steam enabled / required. If your version of Skyrim does not require Steam to be installed / active then you have bought an illegal / pirated version of the game.

Hey Timmy,

In the event you purchased your Skyrim copy from a store and didn't, for whatever reason, register with Steam, I recommend you do so. You can get the update, access to DLC, high resolution packs and your Skyrim will be automatically updated. If your physical copy breaks, you can download from Steam, as many times as you like. In fact, you can throw that physical copy in the garbage, why bother having it around at all?

Once that happens you can use things like Steam's Workshop to download mods not available on Nexus. As for downloaded Nexus mods, I would advise running Mod Organizer, Wrye Bash, or Nexus Mod Manager. You can manage plugins with all 3 of those programs and it will be easier than looking at your data directory and trying to guess why they're not being loaded.

As had been said, Skyrim is a Steam-exclusive game, meaning the only legal versions are the ones that require you to activate the game through Steam. If your game does not require that, but you bought it from a store, I suggest returning it, and telling the store that they are selling illegal copies of the game (after getting your money back!). Then, either buy the game from another store, or directly through Steam.

Well, first... if you have a legal copy, you have a legal access code for steam. So search for it!

I had the same problem... you need the last (beta) SKSE 1.7.2 or better because some other mods stop the menu refresh when have crappy incompatibility issues.

I recommend you to do this steps:

0. Install SKSE 1.7.2 (or last)
1. Move to a new location, and do a new save
2. Quick Save and quick load...

Wait like 45 sec... Profit? if not appear the mod menu in the MCM

3. Put the command table and write...

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

That going to force a SkiUI scan. Wait 45 sec aprox.
Can spam again this command... but you will have a smile in the next 5 minutes you use to do all this.

If not!!

Exit Skyrim, shut down the PC, go for food or the bath... then start PC and:

4. De activate ALL the mods that use the MCM menu (not SkiUI)
5. Enter, go another place and do a New Save
6. De activate SkiUI (god, i hope you dont have PerMa... so much re patch... like me)
7. Enter Skyrim, go another place for 1 minute. Do a new save.
8. Activate SkiUI and the mods.

At this point the 95% of gamer are jumping around. I recommend you a clean session for you Skyrim ("Tes5Edit" googleit, etc)

if NOT!!!!!!! (Use a daedra heart... mmm not...)

9. You need to scan the compatibility of your mods (LOOT for basic warnings... google the other stuff for more epic cry). Never install more than 3 dirty mods at the same time for the same game.That work for me.

10. If all your mod are good, no dirty etc... the best is a full reinstall (but before save a game with the minimum core mods you have).

Edited by duindaer