[REQ] Metal Box retexture

Arkngt

I'm thinking of making a treasure hunt kind of mod, with almost 100 containers placed around the Wasteland and for that it would be perfect to have unique looking containers. I have a thing for the Metal Boxes and though I'd use them but scaled to 0.75. The theme is revolution, so I'm thinking metal boxes with a different color than the vanilla ones, with stenciled lettering or anarchy signs or something like that, but I'm very open to suggestions. Anyway, if someone who likes to make textures would like to help out, I'd be very grateful.

Edited by Arkngt

Could you explain in a little more detail what you need textured / examples?

I don't mind helping out, but the object itself sounds vague.

Thanks! :)

Awesome! Right, I like the outfits in Revolution Clothing for FNV by Gambit77 a lot, so I'd like to port it to Fallout 3 if possible. It's basically an idea at this point - I have the outfits ported but haven't asked for permission yet, plus there are some issues, for example the male outfit mesh must be edited so it works with Fallout 3 without issues. Anyway, in the original mod, Gambit77 distributes the outfits via Diversified Mojave Wasteland, but I don't think that's such a good idea for Fallout 3, mostly because there are so few suitable NPCs to distribute it to.

So I was thinking that it should be distributed to some selected NPCs directly, but that the main way to get the collection would be via a treasure hunt all over the Capital Wasteland, with the outfits (there are 84) in Metal Boxes placed in different locations. And it would be cool if those metal boxes were custom made, so you could tell them apart from other metal boxes and they would fit with the theme in the mod.

The theme for Revolution Clothing is, well, revolution, so I'm thinking metal boxes using the vanilla mesh, but scaled a bit smaller, with a suitable retexture: perhaps a company name in stenciled fonts - or an anarchy sign or sprayed graffiti. I'm very open to suggestions for the design, but it should fit in the world, so weathered and "Fallout 3"-ish.

Or perhaps it shouldn't be metal at all, but rather look like a weathered box from a design house? (Well, not white, but just as an example.)

Edited by Arkngt

Right - I can do a few mock up textures and post them here when I am done - it should only take an hour or two.

I take it you mean this metal box?

What we can do is figure out a texture design you like for the base of the box, and then we can create varients with any graffiti / logo / text / signs / etc. on them.

What we can do is figure out a texture design you like for the base of the box, and then we can create varients with any graffiti / logo / text / signs / etc. on them.

Regarding different themes, the outfits have 7 different effects, with the names:

Wake Up Refuse And Resist [Resistance, such as Malcolm X]

Are You Kind ["Flower Power", such as Jimi Hendrix]

Funkify Your Life [Funk, such as Robert Randolph]

I Am Hip Hop [Hip Hop, such as Public Enemy]

Rebirth of the Cool [Jazz, such as Miles Davis]

Lifted Researcher [Lifted Researcher Group]

Ninja Time [A single outfit with Snake-Eyes from G.I. Joe]

Perhaps that can be something to be inspired by? Anyway, also looking forward to this. It's in the middle of the night in Sweden, so I'll catch my beauty sleep, but I'll stay in touch tomorrow!

Edited by Arkngt

Looks great. :smile:

Perhaps the metal itself should have a different color than in vanilla, so they stick out a bit from them? But I like the Lichtenstein illustration a lot - perfect!

Edited by Arkngt