Anyone help with this timer script

Videniofthesith

I am having serious problems with this timer script. I have tried many different ways to get this to work, and nothing. It always fires almost instantly upon the first quest stage starting. Please help. Here is what I have.

scn aaaTimerQuest

Short TimerVariable

Begin Gamemode

If GetStage AAitem3 == 10

If GamedaysPassed <= 2.0

Setstage AAitem3 20

Endif

Endif

End

God knows I'm not an expert scripter, but I can see one possible problem right off the bat.

Do you want both If GetStage AAitem3 == 10 and If GamedaysPassed <= 2.0 to be true at the same time?

Because as it stands, I think what's happening is that the game engine is checking for the FIRST valid condition-- which is the getstage-- and then doing what you told it to do-- setstage.

If yes, you may find this tutorial very helpful: What's up with If, ElseIf, Else and EndIf - TES Alliance

I am having serious problems with this timer script. I have tried many different ways to get this to work, and nothing. It always fires almost instantly upon the first quest stage starting. Please help. Here is what I have.

scn aaaTimerQuest

Short TimerVariable

Begin Gamemode

If GetStage AAitem3 == 10

If GamedaysPassed <= 2.0

Setstage AAitem3 20

Endif

Endif

End

That's because you're telling it to trigger IF the quest stage is at the first level AND 2 days have not yet passed, ie. at the beginning of the game. If you want it to trigger AFTER 2 days, and assuming you want the timer variable to be the number of days passed, change it to:

scn aaaTimerQuest

Short TimerVariable

Begin Gamemode

set TimerVariable to GameDaysPassed

If ( GetStage AAitem3 == 10 ) && ( TimerVariable >= 2 )
	Setstage AAitem3 20
Endif

End