Allistair's Baby

mondotomhead

• 2 weeks later...

Of course there is another answer to this problem. If you play the Ser Gilmore leg of the game and you are a FW who inadvertently got pregnant before you slayed the Archdemon...well...your GW might be actually carrying the Elder God. :whistling:

I don't think that's possible because Morrigan uses a blood ritual to lure the essence of the archdemon into the unborn child.

Oh!

Ser Gilmore author here. :-D

I have to say that when I made that part of the mod (the possibility to have your FW get pregnant by Ser Gilmore), I did it quite innocently, without giving any thought to the elder god thing.

To me, it would not be possible for your FW to carry the elder god for the reason quoted above.

Your GW got pregnant by a normal guy, and she didn't have any ritual performed on her, so I don't think the child would be any different from any other child... unless the "l337 archdemon powerz" did anything to it, but I guess it'd be a bit far fetched...

And for Ser Gilmore and Dog in Awakening, I'm treating the baby as a normal kid.

So, um. Sorry if this post goes a bit off topic, but I thought this part was very interesting :-D

Your GW got pregnant by a normal guy, and she didn't have any ritual performed on her, so I don't think the child would be any different from any other child... unless the "l337 archdemon powerz" did anything to it, but I guess it'd be a bit far fetched...

Don't forget, part of the ritual is to cleans the essence of the Darkspawn corruption returning it to "Old God" status where the unborn child may then posses it. :teehee:

Alistair is dead. Correction: Loghain's kid!

I wonder if they're going to feature the kid the the third game, if there is one. I want to find out what happens! How abnormal is this kid going to be? is it going to be some supermage or something? http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wacko.gif

Poor Loggy. I hope he doesn't have to deal with any problems with the kid, if they arise.

I hate Morrigan. How dare she hurt and torment and use my characters this way. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/down.gif

Edited by Lehcar

Okay, ruin my fun. :devil: I thought it was just interesting to be able to outwit Morrigan. The Archdemon was attracted to the taint so removing the taint, hum,(didn't say it would turn you into a homicidal maniac), though that would be interesting, It will kill you. Over time. Never thought the Old God thing was as much a threat to an unborn child as say, a fierce battle to the death, might be? I did have an interesting story along the Alistair line that showed the difficulty of using uhm..blood magic to trick your way out of death if you were a GW and would that make your child more of a target for say, maybe those GW who were either bitter over the whole death idea or just had a good reason not to want to die from killing the Archdemon? If your child was tainted that is. Sometimes those loading sequences get a little dull you see..

No, Immortality, I never thought it was a plot of yours. Sorry if I misled anyone. It was all mine. I had thought up the idea with Alistair first. It was just I was playing the Ser Gilmore mod when this subject came up.

Ha, ha, so Ser Gilmore's child isn't tainted? Fine. Take the easy way out. Me? I have to go with the more complicated storylines... No worries! I still like the mod.:wub:

I don't mind Morrigan but I was laughing over a comment about her ritual being the most creative way to get a guy in the sack. I couldn't help it, it was funny. No, I don't like the idea either. Make Riodan do it. Would have loved for Alistair to go nuts and ask if I lost my senses. Say something like "you owe me"..tell Morrigan, fine, I'm desperate but I promise, I won't be thinking about her at all and if she could uhm..make it look like she was actually someone he might consider sleeping with..okay, can I be drunk and still make it through all this? Anything to not have to ever be thinking any poor soul would have to go through this if they seriously didn't want to.

First time through, I felt sorry, really sorry for Alistair, told Morrigan forget it. I was going to kill the Archdemon but during the fight, Alistair ended up killing it, damn him, and told me he wasn't going to let me do it, blah, blah, fine. Whatever. Re-load the game.

Of course when I was with Rory, Alistair was fine with me killing it. I swear just so he could call me names. He knew it was a set up. Fine, so now I have to play the Hero of Fereldon. Misery, so they say, loves company.. He definitely refuses to suffer alone. Not to mention he still flirts with my character, even after he lectures me on how we need to end this because he has to have a kid. I had already said it wasn't meant to be. Obviously, I wasn't convincing enough? :blink:

... I don't mind Morrigan but I was laughing over a comment about her ritual being the most creative way to get a guy in the sack. I couldn't help it, it was funny. No, I don't like the idea either. Make Riodan do it. Would have loved for Alistair to go nuts and ask if I lost my senses. Say something like "you owe me"..tell Morrigan, fine, I'm desperate but I promise, I won't be thinking about her at all and if she could uhm..make it look like she was actually someone he might consider sleeping with..okay, can I be drunk and still make it through all this? Anything to not have to ever be thinking any poor soul would have to go through this if they seriously didn't want to.

Thought you (and any others who feel this way) might appreciate this slightly different take on the DR:

"The Revelation - Collaboration with David Gaider"

I absolutely adore Aimo's work, and would gladly purchase a bound set of her DA-inspired drawings, sketches, cards, whatever!

(I especially like her F!Brosca, and her Varric, but then I'm partial to Dwarves! :tongue: )

• 1 month later...

Oh thanks, Thandal, I like reading and writing stories. I'll check it out. Ha, ha, I doubt either Immortality or Gaider would have chosen my strange particular route but than you never know? Gaider did come up with the idea of the "dark ritual" in the first place? I am not a professional writer nor do I sell any of my stories, so please don't worry about my writing. I know, when writing, if you insert a conflict, then you have the fun/chore of deciding how different characters will react to it. For me, I end up with hundreds of pages of dialog just trying to sort out the process/results of said conflict on all of the supporting characters. I really enjoy the characters in this story and what those two have done with them. I do try to give story references to things that go on in the game or maybe run with a comment to go more in depth to at least try to keep the characters somewhat authentic to the authors characterizations from this story. I just like to write to help my memory. I found that not doing much writing was causing me to forget how to spell some words that were familiar to me. Aww..but having Fibromyaligia/ Lupus one of them seems to affect my hand/eye coordination and I sometimes type the wrong word, not to mention adding words in the wrong place. So, editing is a real...pain for me. I also am suffering from a declining vision, so, so many reasons why I do not write professionally. However, cases of insomnia and finding myself bedridden at times prompts me to write some just for the fun of it.

Okay, back on topic, when I think of Alistair's baby, well, it turned into a whole story with a very twisted plot. When I finally post it, please keep that in mind while reading it. It is only make believe. :whistling: I post on Fanfiction.net but I am still editing writing new chapters so I have only posted a little incident that isn't related to the whole, "baby" problem. Which it seems, in the process, I found a new way around an old problem...