Sketch up designs modden into oblivion.

tyrce

Hey guys...

About 7 months ago I had this crazy Idea of makinf a collapsible crossbow...

While looking at the sketch up file, my brother walked in and asked if I was going to mod it into oblivion...

I ignorantly stated that it was impossible but mabey one of you guys could have a crack at making one with a working animation and a collapsed dropped item figure(what it looks like folded up...

Now lets see if I can find some pictures...

(sorry if this is too big...)

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad159/tyrce111/Inv01.jpg

The limbs of the crossbow telescope into the iner limbs then rotate into the trenches of the forward most section of the body...

The body parts then telescope into the furthest one...

There is a handle that I guess could be removed (intended to be pushed into the main body when in use...)

And there are two handles that telescope into the main body and the last body (the forward most handle is intended to be thrusted forward(like a pump shotgun?) to make the body parts fly out.)

The rotating bits of the limbs and the telescoping bits are both spring loaded...

What do you guys think???

If anyone thinks they have an Idea, please post a replay and mabey a rough copy of the weapon...

Sketchup Download link: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=ba9394d8788d82e91964f544ca8d214

EDIT: If this is made I think you should be able to transform it and back again using a set button if we can...

-Thanks

Edited by tyrce

#1 - The player animation would hold it like a bow and as you click to fire it, it would then be pulled back into a ready position.

#2 - Oblivion bows have two states. At rest and fully drawn into position. The animation is simply a morph from one position to the other.

So, if this cross bow is fully extended immediately after being fired and collapsed when ready to fire, it seems to be opposite of how the NPC would be "working" it.

To make it actually believable, the animations would have to be replaced...thus making every bow incompatible with this weapon since with Oblivion, you cannot create new weapon types, you have to replace them.

LHammonds

I think it's POSSIBLE, if my understanding of what you require is correct. You'd maybe need a new class of weapon (Maybe based on THIS set: Crossbows of Cyrodiil), but if THAT is possible then I'm sure an animation sequence could be done.

You're talking about the "getting ready" animation from a stored weapon to a ready-to-use one - the equivalent of removing a bow from your shoulder and holding it in front.

The fire and re-cock sequence is then a replacement for the draw-and-shoot bow animation, as you'd want it to START cocked and loaded, and reset to that state.

Finally you'd need an "uncock and store" animation to replace the put-away motion.

All conditional on the ability to add a new weapon class though. The crossbows seem to have been worked out, but you'd need a separate version and animations for the collapsible one.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

So do you think you could do it?

Or mabey reccomend someone who could do it???

BTW what do you think of the designs???

A was dreaming and I saw a collapsible anchor with hinges and stuff and then I thought of this...

:)