Request Duncan MacLeod Katana Mod

sankojin

i cant see the picture that you posted I really want the Duncan Katana dragon sword.

The picture is in fact the Duncan sword of the dragon with the closed mouth...same as the picture you saw me post. Since tatts24 is working on it, I will take it off my to-do list. Good luck tatts24 and thanks for helping out.

LHammonds

Okay, I have started the sword. I have the basic shape laid out and I threw a quick texture to it to get and give an idea how it will turn out. The texture is just an AO render with hand painted lines. I have all night and all day tomorrow to work on this. I'll post more on this later as I get more done to it.

I've pretty much finished with the modelling, And I am satisfied with the UV map. I was going to try and use my sword pics to create the texture but decided I want to try drawing it out by hand instead. I'll be working on this all week after I get off of work. I hope to have it done by next weekend. I also still have to model out the scabbard, that should'nt take to long to do.

Thanks for the compliments.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I thought I'd give a little update. I am still working on this sword, every chance I get actually. However, My modem died last week so I was not able to give any updates earlier, well till now anyway. After another request (private), I've decided to go ahead and model out a rough copy of the official rooster tusba. I also did some research into this tusba to find a good image of it to work from. Little did I know, the duncan tusba is an almost exact replica it self from a Katana that was built during the 16th century. So I did model a rough draft of it so far. the texture for the hilt is also coming along very nicely I would think. I've spent a lot of time on it so far and not even nearly done yet. I hav'nt bothered to model the scabbard yet. I will do that once the sword is complete.

It is coming along VERY WELL. Congrats on doing such a fine job and fulfilling the request by a member. Double kudos (if it were possible)

Thanks,

LHammonds