useful midas spells

mrolympia78

Wheee Midas Magic :D

Useful outside of a fight:

- Midas chest

- Midas Astral Recall

- Midas Luminous ( a lot more handy than the vanilla light spells)

- Midas Mass Restore (great for healing companions, your horse or random Vanilla quest NPCs that follow you around)

- Midas Ghost Swarm (triggers fear in possible enemies and makes them run for their money. Useful if you don't want to fight atm.)

- Midas Purify (cures every desease, including the unnerving vampire deseases so that you won't wake up with a new set of fangs after you sleep in a bed.)

Useful in a fight with a small group of enemies or inside small cramped places:

- Midas Healing Force (health + enemy knockback)

- Midas Ring of Blades (makes a lot of damage combined with physical attacks)

- Midas Mage Shield (reduces lightning, fire and ice dmg)

- Midas Stone Wall (Name?) blocks the road wherever you cast it and holds off enemies

Useful in a fight in open space and against a horde of enemies:

- Midas Glyphs (whichever you prefer, I like Ice and Fire)

- Midas Fire Burst (not too much damage, but a wide area of enemy knockback and honestly? It looks badass.)

- Midas collumn of fire

- Midas Holy Judgement (exactely what it sounds like)

And finally: Midas Phoenix. Kicks ass against everything evil, looks badass and is unbeatable as a finishing move in a fight.

speaking of which... what's the spell that i can use to break that ice block on the astral realm? can't see which spell it is... :confused:

whenever i "speak" to the block it says to cast a spell to break rocks or something... but i can't find it... could you help me? since there are so many people who have the mod :tongue:

speaking of which... what's the spell that i can use to break that ice block on the astral realm? can't see which spell it is... :confused:

whenever i "speak" to the block it says to cast a spell to break rocks or something... but i can't find it... could you help me? since there are so many people who have the mod :tongue:

any unlock/open spell

any unlock/open spell

:ohmy: oh god! really?? :sweat: ok i'm definitely a noob... :laugh: all this time looking for all the books in there to find a specific spell to do it... ahah

• 10 months later...

IMO

In Oblivion:

archangel/angel wings, Ice walk - screw the "corridors of dark salvation", just fly up there, though you'll need to avoid that fire column.

Holy spells - use flare when "sniping" burst when surrounded and fire or breath when many daedra are charging at you

Out of comba:

chest - keep those imperial scum off your pilfered goods and bypass encumbrance, but know that if you add lots of stuff to it, it will take a while to open

bone to pick - unless you run a mod like mysterious bears epic necromancy (great mod for role-players and RTS fans), bones are about as useful as a fart in a spacesuit. But for most players who like lockpicking, this is invaluable if you don't have a skeleton key

Summon carpet - though I question how that carpet is operated (let's be honest, it does kind of look like you're about to take a dump on it) it's undoubtably one of the best ways to travel in cyrodiil (and in terms of flashiness, it's the hummer limo of it's time)

Indoor combat - confined:

Force push - when fighting, if you can't kill your foe before they can hit you, your battle just got harder. Fortunately, this spell can "reset" that timer and the projectile's handy size and range means it can clear a fair few enemies out of the way as it's wide enough so most foes in a tunnel won't slip past it and each blast goes quite a long distance while carrying your foe. It's also a solid object so it can ward off those pesky archers attacks

Any trap spells - they're pretty powerful and stagger your foe, but they only activate when stepped on and aren't too big either, but in a cramped area it's hard to avoid them and you can also take the stagger time as a chance to get in a few weapon attacks

Stonewall/Igloo/Dark Nebula - all different spells but when the crap hits the fan, I use igloo to totally block the path to any foes that don't wield fire. Stone wall is the most permanent of the spells but it occasionally gets climbed over by particularly ambitious bandits. Nebula is essentially a "grand smoke screen" of sorts: when your foe runs into it, they get lost in the fog and just stand there, bewildered. Of course, this spell has a con too: it's just a temporary fix. While the other two have a specific deactivation method, nebula just times out.

Missile Rain/Storm - though "missile" often implies explosions, these missiles bounce off surfaces and that makes them very useful in cylindrical tunnel with a 7ft radius or a cave with a rather low ceiling. I've also found that they're two of the more powerful spells in MM too.

Indoor combat - open space

When I say "indoor, open space", it sounds rather oxymoronic, so to clarify, I'm thinking of places like the arena or the hall in Khaza-Dun (where you fight the Balrog). Basically, any place where you can't command the weather, call down beams of fire or use any of the other spells normally reserved for gods.

Ice trap/breath - in a fight where you could be facing a multitude of attackers coming from all directions, crowd control is a must. It's best to keep as few enemies as possible attacking you and if you can't control the amount of foes, you can use these spells to control the direction of the flow, I recommend dropping traps in an arc behind you to freeze assailants and using the breath to cover your back while you set more traps

Statis field - a remarkable defensive spell indeed, melee attackers will be frozen by it and any arrows that hit it will freeze up too, in fact the only threat to you with this thing up is another Mage so I'd recommend focussing on them until your field disperses.

Missile fountain - combine this with all four glyphs and the lesser AoE missile spell and you have all the tools necessary to rip close range fighters a new one

Anti magic field - this spell drains the magicka of everyone caught in it, and I literally mean EVERYONE so if you can't use any other attacks or don't have any good CQC followers then this spell isn't for you

Sound/healing/soul/force burst - again with the crowd control, but it's very important and the force burst spells will help you with their various added effects, you can throw your foes while healing, use a soul trap to charge up that enchanted weapon you plan on using during the anti magicka field or utilise the higher speed and reach of the sonic burst

Shock/fire burst - though they both require a high destruction skill, they are a great spell for protection and attack. Though they aren't that powerful, they do have a pretty good knockback.

Holy judgement - it's a horribly useless spell on any living targets but it obliterates the living dead.

Prism spray - this spell is basically a scattergun, but while using it, it's useful to remember that not only does each cloud do different types of damage, they also do different amounts e.g. the purple cloud does 80pts of frost, but the yellow cloud does a mere 20pts of fire damage

Stone storm - a very good "pseudo shield", it knocks back foes and does trap damage (so that marauder in fancy daedric armour has about as much resistance to this spell as a mud crab)

Eruption - another defensive spell that combines earthquake with a bunch of rocks that punch people in the chin. I like it

Chilling tentacles - though this spell sucks on nords and other things that resist frost (we can only wonder what made Xilver think "what if the tentacles belonged to an underground ice squid?") they boast decent power and serve as a great distraction

Spike growth/inferno/glacial eruption/biohazard - use it on any foe and the area around them becomes ground zero, a hazard to them but just a pretty light show to you

Any seeker spell/living glaive - they hurt foes a fair bit, but their main purpose is to distract foes as creatures and NPC's are inexplicably drawn to them like light to flies

Mass entangle/death grasp/earth to mud/tar field - all of these spells have the ability to cripple a foe and set them up for a slower, more powerful spell like nuclear blast or magic flare or even...

Destruction's end - a spell that brings swift, flashy, impractical death to all caught within it's glowy wrath; keep in mind that when I say "swift", I mean once the spell has totally set up as this spell takes at least 10 seconds to reach full power. I find that it's always a necessity to cripple a foe first

Outdoor combat:

Outdoor combat is when Midas really shines, you can use a whole bunch of grotesquely powerful spells to dominate foes, so I'll only list them

Lightning/Ice/Hail storm - these spells take huge chunks off your enemy's HP while requiring no work on your part. If in any big outdoor fight, you should get of these going. Assuming you don't have to worry about friendly fire, of course.

Meteor storm - it's a little different to the spells above as the meteors fly in the direction you're looking so, while it doesn't work in hit and runs, you can keep friends a little safer and focus all fire on wherever you want.

Sun flare/comet/column of fire/ion beam - these spells, though they have a few seconds of charge time, are incredibly powerful and you can also stack the targeting beams to unleash all four spells at once (again, these spells often miss if you don't trap a foe first).

Sand storm - not recommended for bow users. This spell takes all the real world sandstorm effects and translates them to oblivion, for example, a sandstorm blinds you so this spell has drain marksman 100. You get the idea.

General combat:

These are spells I find useful in any fight

Avalanche - it's kind of like crushing stones, but it holds enemies in place, freezes them, then drops a ton of rocks on them

Water globe - hit anyone with this and they'll spend the next 30 seconds removed from the battle and in a fight, that feels like forever

Tornado - though it has rather lacklustre damage, it causes a great obstruction to head on attackers

Mega fireball - while it can glitch up, it causes a lot of damage and disruption

Magnetic arrow - it's definitely not winning any prizes for power, but when it takes down a foe it can set them up for many attacks

Plasma rupture - this spell rips up anyone and looks good while doing so too, but it doesn't kill - it destroys! Which means you should take great care in avoiding use on foes that carry items you want or need

Poison cloud - I recommend using this at the start of any fight against non - argonians as the damage really stacks up in any fight

Ring of blades/fire 3 - these spells should make any CQC user tremble, but because AI doesn't acknowledge such things, they just walk right into you. Win ensues

Rose of kindness - when it works, it works great. Nuff' said

Slime ball - it slows any enemy by a fair bit, giving you many set up opportunities

Grow ray - this spell gives victims all the cons of being giants and none of the pros. Foes become slow & clumsy, they also become easy targets and grow to big to fit in many small corridors

Combos:

These are spells I've found very effective when used in succession

Dark nebula then healing fount - cast nebula and while you stand in it's centre, use healing fount for 30 seconds or so of continous healig

Igloo then biohazard and/or spike growth - while fighting at close range, cast igloo and back out before it fully forms: this will leave foes trapped within it and you can use biohazard and spike growth to make their time in there a living (and hopefully, dying) he'll

Earth to mud and/or tar field and/or entangle and/or dark nebula then biohazard and/or spike growth and/or inferno - pretty much the same as above, but you don't need to put yourself in harm's way as much (you'll still need to get within a few feet to use DN, TF and E2M). Although these spells are only temporary, they don't block your attacks and you can use inferno without dispelling your traps.

Earth to mud and/or tar field and/or entangle then ion beam and column of fire and sun flare and comet or Destruction's end - the first three spells will cripple any foe, allowing you to nullify those boring wait times on these insanely powerful spells

Igloo then Destruction's end - a simple one-two punch. Trap with igloo, kill with DE.

Freeze ray or stasis field or glacial eruption then igloo - this combo basically takes the danger out of igloo trapping by using temporary immobilisation to set up the igloo

Well that's about it, I'm not sure if you'll find this helpful or rambly so feel free to PM me on it.

Edited by lionhartchicken