More Dynamic Leveled Lists Mod

Noggog

Progress report.

Downloaded and installed the latest release 20 non beta OBSE, downloaded and installed the latest Pluggy (Pluggy dev 132)

Under Win 7 64 bit, the executable does not crash, but it also doesn't appear to finish doing whatever it is meant to either.

I end up with what you see in the attachment and no DynamicLL.ini file generated anywhere (yes, I pressed many keys, many times).

Edited by oblivionpilgrim

For one, I am sorry you're running into so many issues with the .exe

It's strange because I made the program on Win7 64 bit, so I'm not sure why it would be crashing.

I've made a debugging pack and uploaded them to the nexus. It's just four different .exe files running different major functions of the program with progress printouts.

Let me know which ones work for you, and how far they get.

Note that the Open Output file debug exe will erase your current DynamicLL.ini file if it runs properly, so I would back it up if your is anything special.

Also, if you happen to be the coding type, I can send you my source code for you to poke around with.

Edited by Leviathan1753

I'll try the debugging pack and I'm not worried about losing DynamicLL.ini, since that is one file I've never had (just the exe, DynamicLeveledLists.ini & DynamicLeveledLists.esp) -- even your placeholder file didn't have DynamicLL.ini, just the .esp

Maybe that is the problem - the exe goes looking for DynamicLL.ini and can't find it because it is actually called DynamicLeveledLists.ini in the release versions.

I'll try the debugging pack and I'm not worried about losing DynamicLL.ini, since that is one file I've never had (just the exe, DynamicLeveledLists.ini & DynamicLeveledLists.esp) -- even your placeholder file didn't have DynamicLL.ini, just the .esp

Maybe that is the problem - the exe goes looking for DynamicLL.ini and can't find it because it is actually called DynamicLeveledLists.ini in the release versions.

There are two .ini files.

There is DynamicLeveledLists.ini, which contains your settings and is located in your Data folder,

and DynamicLL.ini which has the FormID list that tells DLL which Lists to manage, which -should- be automatically generated by the .exe (even if it doesn't exist)

I'm realizing the .exe is still fairly stupid. It won't autocreate DynamicLL.ini if the /Pluggy/User Files folders don't already exist (aka, user hasn't run Oblivion with pluggy active yet)

-----------

And wow.. the "DynamicLL.ini placeholder" upload had the wrong file in it. I don't know how that got screwed up, or why no one has mentioned it before. 8o

I'll reupload it right now

----------

I also uploaded a v1.08 of the exe. Nothing that would fix the crashing for you though.

Edited by Leviathan1753

Success (mostly) with the executable at long last using the 108 release you uploaded!

The executable can't find the documents folder, so the DLL needs to be copied still.

Also I've seen no mention of the Pluggy/User Files folders you need to create in your Documents/My Games/Oblivion folder up until now and would have had no idea whatsoever they were required if the executable hadn't told me about them. You should document things like this.

Now, finally off to see how this plays out in game.

Haha, well.. i didn't honestly change much.. so I have no clue as to why it would be CRASHING with v1.07, and working with v1.08.. but whatevs! XD

And yes, with all the exe problems DLL has been having, I should've documented more thoroughly the Pluggy folder. I supposed I just assumed with the initial release that:

1) the exe would do it's job

2) the exe error messages would suffice (telling the user about the Pluggy folder and where it is)

And yeah.. I'm realizing the exe is dumb at the moment and says the documents folder cannot be located if the Pluggy/User Files/ folders aren't already created.

So, in summary: Create the folders yourself, OR just run Pluggy in an oblivion game for a few minutes and I think the folders should create themselves.

I'll do some cleaning of documentation, and make the exe create the folders if they aren't there, -after- my tests this week (Got em Monday, Tues, Wed.. ack!)

Edited by Leviathan1753

oblivionpilgrim I wish I could give you more than one kudo. You are an Oblivion modder's dream customer ... job well done!! :thumbsup:

oblivionpilgrim I wish I could give you more than one kudo. You are an Oblivion modder's dream customer ... job well done!! :thumbsup:

^^^^ haha, stole the words from my mouth

Edited by Leviathan1753

OR just run Pluggy in an oblivion game for a few minutes and I think the folders should create themselves.

I've been running various versions of Pluggy since shortly after my first post in this thread and it has never created anything in my My Games/Oblivion folder by itself. I think the name of the second folder explains why too - it exists for User Files and if nothing uses Pluggy to create a user file then I doubt it would ever get created by itself.