Followers Are Broken

CrystalImage

My last issue's description was a bit wordy so I'll keep this one brief. All of the followers in the game (as far as I can tell) have their dialogue sets as if they were already following me (EX. "Wait here", "We should part ways") but none of them will actually follow me. They just sit around in whatever area they have as a default location. I have tried telling them to part ways but this doesn't change anything, even their dialogue stays the same. When I check the console for playerfollowercount it says 0. This applies to both vanilla followers and the several followers I modded into the game. This first started while I was using TCG (Trade-able Companion Gear by fLokii) and Simple multiple followers by kuertee. In an attempt to fix this issue I uninstalled and deleted both of these mods, installing UFO (Ultimate Follower Overhaul by fLokii) instead. This has obviously changed nothing. What can I do to fix this?

UFO is pretty outdated, I would recommend Extensive Follower Framework as it fixed the same problem I had with followers as you. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12933/?. This will give you options to dismiss your followers through the mods dialogue without replacing your vanilla dialogue for your custom followers. As said above clean your saves after uninstalling UFO and if there are any additional steps on the mod page follow those too.

UFO runs just fine as long as you don't use custom followers with it. They will cause the problems you are having.

The only 2 custom followers that I have tested that didn't screw up UFO were Vilja & Tania. They both did cause the dialog "Follow Me I Need Your Help" not to show up the first time you try on vanilla followers.

One vanilla follower with some bad code can cause the same issue as well as causing the "Follow Me I Need Your Help" dialog not showing up.

Be sure to follow the uninstall instructions for UFO. It can be tricky.

If you post your load list I will try to spot the follower that is causing the problem.

Later

Thanks a ton for all the replies guys! I did a bit of a mix of the solutions that you all mentioned, using the savegame script cleaner AND installing EFF. This has solved all of my problems, so thanks again!