OMODS failing me

KThorfinn

So, my copy of Oblivion's "game of the year" edition came in the mail today. The Mod Manager and Script Extender don't seem to have anything wrong with them, but the mods never have an actual effect on the game. The only one that's actually working is a mod that replaces the standard orc head with something slightly easier to look at. The other head editing mods don't work and didn't work with my previous version. Before I was able to get most mods that didn't need the script extender working, but now, nothing.

Any ideas whats not working?

Edited by KThorfinn

You have most likely installed to the default location, and you have either Vista or Win7. UAC will try to prevent any changes in the programs installed in the UAC protected location. And, mods are changes.http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif

Best solution. Uninstall the game. Reinstall outside of the UAC controlled Program Files folders. My recommendation, Make a new folder, C:\games. then a subfolder inside of it named Oblivion (C:\Games\Oblivion) Install the game there. When you get other games, install them each in their own subfolder under the games folder - that way the UAC will not do anything. :thumbsup:

Example C:\Games\Fallout3 or C:\Games\Steam (this puts all steam games outside of UAC control)