Sewing Mod

InuyashaFE

This may seem like an odd request, but it bothered me that the cloths were essentially useless.

I didn't even see a use for them as decoration, they were just kinda... there.

So I was wondering, would it be possible to create a sewing mod? You could make clothes out of the fabrics, and either sell the clothing you make, or wear them yourself.

What do you guys think?

Sure , I can do this

Tell me some of the features you would like included :D

Oh, really? Thanks, man!

Well I'm not asking a whole lot. Possibly adding needles and thread items to the game, and using those with the fabrics already in-game could make certain types of clothing, based on the quality and material of the fabric.

Actually, now that I think about it, it would be interesting to use this very same mod and make an armory mod if there isn't one out there. You could acquire ores, and smelt them into armor, that way you have more options on acquiring your armor.

Well where would you like the clothes to be crafted ? I need a location :D

I could make various cloth bolt items and make them produce different clothing , that would be easy.

Ah, okay, well, somewhere in the imperial city should be fine. I'd suggest maybe the elven gardens, or the talos plaza districts, since market district seems to be used quite a bit.

Yeah, man, whatever works. :)

• 2 weeks later...
There are a couple of crafting mods around already that use the cloth and yarn for various things. I've not seen one that offers the clothing idea yet - might be a good one to make compatible with the Better Cities mods as they have more places to put a new shop. Maybe the basement areas in clothes shops would be a good place to use for that kind of thing in vanilla Oblivion, or possibly the import/export area (the waterfront - Slof's Goth shop could probably use all the leather and cloth it could get). You could also add leather use to the tack shops such as Olaf's, and maybe stables will buy leather at half the price Olaf would pay in order to ship to him. I suggest you design the mod to build up into a trading system, or bolt on to a trading system mod that already exists.

Isn't this straying a bit from InuyashaFE's original idea? I think the initial request was for a mod that allowed players to use basic sewing and tailoring skills to craft clothing which they could then either wear or sell -- not a mod that creates shops where you can sell cloth, leather and such to NPCs which make the apparel. I would certainly like to see the former. It would complement the Crafty Bits mod quite well, I think. We'd have to have additional bolts of cloth of various quality and color added to the lists of stuff you can find. Maybe even have additional "ingredients" dropped by animals so that you could, for instance, craft shoes out of leather (doeskin shoes, anyone?), or make fur armor out of lion hides. You want to make a black and burgundy outfit? Then you have to have the right color (and quality) of cloth bolts to do it. You'd also have to have the necessary tools. You can't really cut cloth without scissors and you can't sew it without needle and thread, for instance.