Disable ENB for Geck?

DaemonGrin

So I'm using Enhanced Shaders ENB and well it totally messes up Geck. How do I prevent the ENB from messing with it? (messes up = lens flares, meshes are invisible, etc,. in render window).

Thanks,

Geoff

EDIT: shift + F12 seems to work so not sure if it is in fact the ENB. I still have invisible meshes RocketLabMid interior is awful. Trying to add a custom weapon but it's invisible with the other meshes etc.

So I'm using Enhanced Shaders ENB and well it totally messes up Geck. How do I prevent the ENB from messing with it? (messes up = lens flares, meshes are invisible, etc,. in render window).

Thanks,

Geoff

EDIT: shift + F12 seems to work so not sure if it is in fact the ENB. I still have invisible meshes RocketLabMid interior is awful. Trying to add a custom weapon but it's invisible with the other meshes etc.

Are you using the Steam version? If so, have you tried disabling Steam Overlay? If you're talking about transparency issues that is..

Edited by ir3miX

Thanks,

Geoff

Are you using the Steam version? If so, have you tried disabling Steam Overlay? If you're talking about transparency issues that is..

Using regular GECK, didn't even realize there was a Steam version of GECK to be honest. I double checked steam and that geck is not installed so no overlay issues there. I know that with no ENB installed everything is fine after a recent fresh install (I was modding FNV awhile back and totally got side tracked came back and couldn't remember everything I had done lol).

• 1 year later...

The latest version of the ENB binary added a check to stop ENB loading if you're running the GECK and not the game.

Sorry for the Thread Necromancy, but is there a way to go the OPPOSITE direction? I want my ENB enabled in GECK so I can see what it'll look like in game. :tongue: Gotta make sure users of both vanilla and ENB are getting a fair shake.

EDIT:

Under enblocal.txt, set

[FIX]

FixGameBugs=true

FixTransparencyBugs=true

IgnoreGECK=false <- set false from true

And get ready for GECK to take >20 seconds to load on startup. But it'll look pretty.

Edited by Thaiauxn

how dare you present a solution so clearly... I have no idea what to do with the time I would normally have spent trying to figure out exactly how to implement a poorly explained solution... I guess the length of this post will have to do. Maybe recite some poetry, cook a souffle, work out. So many choices... LOL

Thanks for the solution.