Would you be happy with this rig.....PLEASE HELP

Hi guys.......im pretty new to forums and this looks like the right place to post

Just wanted to know if this is a rig you'd be happy to have.......as im getting a new pc

Rig is AUS..$1009

and is complete without Operating System and Programs(all driver software is supplied)

Full HD AOC 27in 60,000:1 DCR hdmi,dvi,vga

Simple Logitec Mouse and Keyboard

SPECS

Motherboard:

ASRock N68-S3 UCC AM3 M/B - GeForce 7025+nForce 630a Chipset, 2.0 GT/s, DDR3 1600, PCI-E 2.0, SATAII, RAID, 10/100 LAN, 8ch, mATX

Processor: AMD ATHLON II X4 Quad Core 640, 3.0 GHz, 2 MB cache, 95W

Power Supply: 550W PSU

Video: GF GT 430 PCI-E 2.0 1GB DDR5 128-bit, 730/3600MHz, Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, D-Sub, Fan, Microsoft DirectX 11, Microsoft Window7 ready, HDMI Ready, CUDA Technology, PureVideo HD, PhysX Technology , Shader Model 5.0, 40nm Technology, OpenGL 4.0 Optimizations, SLI Technology

RAM: 4GB (2x2GB Dual Channel) DDR3 PC-10600 (1333MHz) 240-pin RAM , non-ECC CL9

Hard Disk Drive: 1000GB 7200RPM SATAII

Optical Drive: 22x DVD +RW /-RW drive

CPU Cooler / Fan: Intel Original Fan With HeatSink

Sound: Creative Sound Blaster PCI 7.1

I would save alittle bit on your processor and put a little more in your GPU if your gaming.

I'm big into eye candy so I usually get a top of the line GPU and a couple steps down CPU. CPU costs for getting top of the line do not reflect the improvement you will get in performance for a few more tenths of a gigahurtz.

I would save alittle bit on your processor and put a little more in your GPU if your gaming.

I'm big into eye candy so I usually get a top of the line GPU and a couple steps down CPU. CPU costs for getting top of the line do not reflect the improvement you will get in performance for a few more tenths of a gigahurtz.

Hey thanks for the help....yer iv been looking at the Nvidia GTX560 ti....for about AUS$300 and looks like a very decent card...

Yeah, I'd be satisfied with that. At a glance and without looking it up I'm thinking that video card might be weaker than mine and the lack of gigabit would be something I'd have to fix ASAP (though it may not matter to you) but yeah, I could live with that.

I tend to think of AMD as a "less total bang but more bang for the buck" kind of thing so to me it seems a bit pricey for an AMD-based system, even considering AUS money. Then again, I didn't look up that video card.

take the time and build one yourself according to your needs. it is much more satisfactory. trust me. learn about the tech, look at big shops and what poeple rate highly there. and then take your time. read reviews of the parts and look out what else is there, then make your decision. and stick to amd. it is a good choice. aswell as gigabyte motherboards. their working conditions appear pretty fine, so from that standpoint it can be bought. i dont know about the other companies, probably it is fine, atleast i hope, but it is always nice to know aswell i think. gigabyte is one of the few companies, who actually let you walk into the factory. Edited by Nadimos

take the time and build one yourself according to your needs. it is much more satisfactory. trust me. learn about the tech, look at big shops and what poeple rate highly there. and then take your time. read reviews of the parts and look out what else is there, then make your decision. and stick to amd. it is a good choice. aswell as gigabyte motherboards. their working conditions appear pretty fine, so from that standpoint it can be bought. i dont know about the other companies, probably it is fine, atleast i hope, but it is always nice to know aswell i think. gigabyte is one of the few companies, who actually let you walk into the factory.

I pretty much agree with this, except the part about sticking to AMD.

If AMD doesn't fit your needs, then go with something else.

And by reading reviews you'll find out what fits your needs.

NOOOOO!!!!

Dont build this system............No just messing with you.

I do infact how ever BEG you to get a better PSU(Power supply) This is the life blood of the computer and NEVER something to be taken granted for. I have a 650 in my system any my system is half yours. I recommend a 850 for what you want to build just because you can easily fry your parts with a low powered PSU. Other then that which I HIGHLY recommend you get an 850 its all good and the 430 should be good for another year or so. No need to worry about that one lil bit.

Just PLEASE get a higher powerd PSU you will thank me in the long run.

Also when I build my new system in the coming months its getting an 850 and also I have built five different systems.