Play an average character?

Alixen

Heya

I want to play a Roleplay-themed character that is a dancer using the Sexy Dance mod, and Bar-maid job. Perhaps a little work with the thieves guild on the side.

Thing is... I also want to have good reason, mechanics wise, for not going out and becoming an adventurer. A good reason for taking a body guard whenever I have to travel.

As it is the closest I can get is sticking the game at mid-difficulty. Enemies are pleasingly tough and a one-on-one battle is a reasonable challenge even if it's a bandit. However, I don't want it to be 'pleasingly tough'. I want to get absolutely massacred if I dare to try and fight; but without getting taken out by a single arrow I wasn't expecting, or having to go make a drink in the 10 minutes it takes my companion to kill a wolf that attacked us as it would be if I upped weapon damage or put the difficulty on full.

I'm looking for a mod that changes starting stats basically. I want to have basic citizen stats; and aside from creating the character and then using the console I have no clue how I could do this.

(Oh, and I don't suppose anyone knows what the mod that turns the PC being killed into 'knocked out and looted' before depositing you in the nearest town is called? Can't find it for the life of me.)

I don't know offhand of a mod that specifically does what you need, but I know a lot of the leveling mods are highly configurable -- it'd be pretty easy to choose one of the bunch and then just set it up so that you basically never leveled past 1. If the starting stats are already too high, you can, as you stated, use the console to knock 'em down. You can also use the console to bump UP the stats of your chosen companion. After all, it makes sense that any NPC your character hires as a bodyguard is going to be somebody pretty tough.

You'd only have to console your character's stats the one time; with a configured leveling mod they won't go up any further. For the companion, it depends on where the NPC comes from. If you're using an actual companion mod and therefore the same bodyguard all the time, then again, you'd only have to open the console that one time at the start of your game. You can also easily modify an existing CM Companion's stats in the CS. I mean, really, really easily.

So, to reiterate, I don't think there is an existing mod for this, but it'd only be 5 minutes of console work to get the results you're asking for. Less, maybe.

And it sounds like it'd be pretty easy to make into a mod... I've got some time this week, I'll take a peek into it and see if I can come up with something for you. Do you have any numbers to work with, i.e. what do you want your character's stats to be?

Hmm, if your willing to give it a go i'd appreciate it, even as easy as it is like you say.

I would say that the same as an average NPC; but then, players get a bonus that they don't (such as a brain) and I find I can usually do things with low stats that NPCs have problems with.

Hmm, No change to health; being able to flee requires some health at least, and with unlevelled lists the stronger monsters are capable of one shotting you.

But, is there any way to set 1 magicka? I've always wanted a character that has no magic training, yet always give into the temptation of those starter spells. All magic schools at 0 (if that is possible) would be wonderful. Aside from that perhaps a 5 in all skills?

That way (with stats/health/fatigue left alone) it would be possible, with a great deal of time and effort, to work a character up to adventurer level. It could even in-of-itself become an interesting roleplay scenario.