A few suggestions.

Vindekarr

Just a couple of suggestions.

First, I see a LOT of activity on the Mass Effect threads-how about giving them an official topic or thread? it's a very popular game and I think a lot of fans would really like that.

Second, a message on the account creation page telling people exactly what will happen if they pirate? just to make damn sure that they know full well this isnt a site that accepts criminality.

Third, the ability to rate posts on the forums would be good, if someone says something particularly witty, intelligent or eye opening it would be nice to be able to show them that.

Third, the ability to rate posts on the forums would be good, if someone says something particularly witty, intelligent or eye opening it would be nice to be able to show them that.

Isn't this is what kudos is all about?

I believe Vindekarr is referring the ability to rep posts themselves for their merit, not necessarily the user posting it. Kind of like the repping feature on the Nexus file sites. It's doable enough; I'm a member of an IP board that looks just like this one and it has that feature integrated; although it directly connects with the user's reputation, which would surely conflict with the systems already in place here. I don't know how easy it would be to implement such a feature here, or how much of a demand/use for it there would be.

As for the piracy issue... they accept the ToS when they signed up for the site. The way I see it, they don't deserve any more reminders than that, especially when there's a big link labeled "Piracy" at the top of it. They don't even have to look hard to find this site's view on it.

First, I see a LOT of activity on the Mass Effect threads-how about giving them an official topic or thread? it's a very popular game and I think a lot of fans would really like that.

Second, a message on the account creation page telling people exactly what will happen if they pirate? just to make damn sure that they know full well this isnt a site that accepts criminality.

Hey Vindekarr;

My thoughts on your ideas (all good, just not quite in the Nexus style, I think...)

1. Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 - Not Moddable. (So not going to get a site here on the Nexus.)

2. Plenty of piracy warnings already (and not just here.) If someone can't be bothered to pay attention (not to mention refrain from stealing) then we can't/won't be bothered with/by them.

3. Reputation is earned one person at a time. Don't need a counter to keep track, (which is one reason that kudos are limited to one-per-person-per-person.) If you hang around here awhile, you learn who you can trust (or at least who is is good for a laugh. Sometimes it's the same person!) If it's worth making a special comment about a post, a "Thank You" in a PM is probably more than enough.

Anyway, it's Dark0ne's site, so he'll make the calls! :thumbsup: