Pegorino

Two things on which I express an opinion :

- You put the gray quarter in Whiterun ? Bad idea, each city need to be unique. And I do not think that each city is obliged to have a special district for dunmer (lore breaking) a poor quarter yes why not ? but a gray quarter ..

- Can you not touch the traning area of Jorrvaskr this will make your mod incompatible with: Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild (the only one mod that transforms the guild of the Companions into a decent guild)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I desire I will release a compatibility patch with that mod, granted that I will be given permission to make one.

Lorewise, there's nothing that says that Dunmer all have to go in Windhelm. Whiterun's "gray quarter" is not xenophobic, it is well integrated, and it is not called a gray quarter at all, but with a dunmereth name, Ald White'Run, in their language. In my mod I wanted to make clear that the Dunmer of Whiterun are well integrated and accepted (most will have a House Indoril provenience) instead of Hlaalu or Redoran.

Why they live there?

Because "they" feel home in their little re-created version of Morrowind.

It is sure all the dunmers did not stay only in Windhelm, but to say that they are enough many to have their own district in Whiterun, I don't think so. Skyrim is not the second Morrowind.
People who live all parked in the same place because of their race... I don't really call that integration but ghetto.
Same Cyrodill who is the most cosmopolitan and tolerant region has no dunmer quarter, redguard quarter, khajiit quarter etc...

Warning, I don't criticize your work which promises to be excellent, it's just a point of view. You do not need to get angry or to be rough.

PS : For ESF is not a "ask for compatibility patch" it's just on screenshots It seems that you deleted the dummies, archery targets and add a big door that which occupies half of the training yard. So besides making ESF incompatible your mod risks to break Companions questline because several of these dummies are used by the vanilla quests. Several markers and box triggers in this area too.

PS 2 ; sorry for my english isn't my native language

I did not remove any vanilla objects for compatibility, trust me.

I simply moved them where I saw fit.

Well, Skyrim is still the closest province to Morrowind, back on the Dunmer subject.

When talking about migration of Dunmer in Skyrim, it is in majority at Solstheim, because Solsheim was a Skyrim territory before Jarls of Skyrim decide to give dunmers the isle.

On a Tamriel map if you take the entire Province of Morrowind, he is more closer to Cyrodiil than Skyrim.

Blackmoor - Settlement

(The settlement from TES: Arena brought to Skyrim)

After the Imperial annexion of Skyrim in the early Second Era, the small village of Blecknau's Cross, became the Imperial settlement of Blackmoor, or as some contemporary historians prefer, Black Moor. The settlement during Imperial domination grew larger, about thirty hectares, and it was laid on the side of the road that lead from Whiterun to Markarth. The settlement contained a number of public buildings, including an inn and a bathhouse for the many travellers that passed through the village. The settlement flourished until the late Third Era, where the chaos provoked by the Oblivion Crysis forced many inhabitants to flee for Hold's capitol, Whiterun.

One building in particular, Nemlar Mansion, is believed to having been built and owned by Barenziah, as a remote winter residence, close to the center of power in Skyrim and not too far from the border with Cyrodiil.

The earthworks and, for much of the circumference, the early Third Era walls are still visible around the village. Unfortunately, as of now 4£ 201, Blackmoor is just a shell of what it once was, with many people still leaving for the bigger towns in order to find work and better opportunities. On the contrary, the rich started moving into Blackmoor, quickly starting to love the relative quietness of the area. The town guard from Whiterun actively patrol and guard the village with support from the nearby Imperial Legion garrison at Fort Darius.

http://i57.tinypic.com/14mqfsg.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/4vmoap.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/16belty.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/qxtkll.jpg

Edited by Pegorino

When talking about migration of Dunmer in Skyrim, it is in majority at Solstheim, because Solsheim was a Skyrim territory before Jarls of Skyrim decide to give dunmers the isle.

On a Tamriel map if you take the entire Province of Morrowind, he is more closer to Cyrodiil than Skyrim.

Well, House Redoran rules Raven Rock, and it is implied, in lore, that other members of House Redoran and House Hlaalu inhabit that slimy Gray Quarter of Windhelm. I explain, in lore, that the inhabitants of Ald White'Run, where they even had the privilege to rename the district to a more dunmereth sounding name, are mostly members of House Indoril, with some Ashlanders as well, including an easter egg for the Nerevarine.

Lorewise, I also bring back Blackmoor (I prefer Blackmoor, instead of Black Moor) as a small village inhabited by the rich, with farmlands, a windmill, a lumbermill, a small blacksmith, a mansion, and some houses providing new interesting NPCs.

Edited by Pegorino

Auditioning has started for voice actors.
To the voice actors that have contacted me, please leave your Skype address by PM, since coordinating every single character that needs a voice becomes a big problem if I have to use different platforms into reaching you.

This is getting better and better. One quick observation regarding the Dunmer lore though: I'm not sure that House Indoril would have the power or status to warrant being allowed to rename a district in Whiterun; and I doubt that they would get along well with the Ashlanders. Indoril's power was always tied to the Tribunal Temple, and the house was ruined when the temple collapsed following the disappearance/death of the Almsivi back in the Third era (you can even hear some dialogue on that in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion). The event that triggered the Red Year also occurred right over one of their primary power bases (The Ministry of Truth crashing right into Vivec City), which would also likely have further damaged the house's little remaining prestige.

Then again, it's been a couple of hundred years since the Red Year, and there is no dialogue in Dragonborn that suggests that member of House Indoril are pariahs like members of House Hlaalu. And maybe I've missed something in the lore; I'm hardly an expert on the subject after all.

Edited by Ph0rce

Yes I know, I played Morrowind with the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions, and I'm aware of the rumors about the Indoril in Oblivion.

However, both UESP and Imperial Library articles are on the line that while the House did suffer a crippling hit, it wasn't enough to make it disappear.

Their district in Whiterun is just recently built, by refugees coming from Morrowind after the Red Year. Barlgruuf's father, granted them the honor to name their own district as they saw fit, as they contributed to the city (as farmers, workers, intelectuals etc).