How do I make my oblivion read .bsa files?

Bongu

my game is intalled to the default dvd installation directory. it was on steam, but i am doing a lot of testing, so i decided to just use my dvd for this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion

is there another program to create .bsa or is OBMM the best one?

the game just isnt reading the data from the .bsa

francescos .esp's arent even named the same way the .bsa are named. and they work. there has to be a way to make the .esp read from the .bsa

Your problem may not be the bsa files at all, but rather where Window is putting them. You see, you have Oblivion installed to the protected 'Program Files' folder, and Windows doesn't like things changed in there, so it ghosts them to a virtual store. The solution is to uninstall Oblivion and reinstall it outside of Program Files. I have mine in C:\Games\Oblivion\ .

ok. i will try that now. how sure are you that this is the problem? i am going to try it anyway, but i am just curious

ok. i will try that now. how sure are you that this is the problem? i am going to try it anyway, but i am just curious

How sure am I that installing Oblivion (or any other game) in 'Program Files' in Windows 7/Vista causes problems? Absolutely sure.