TES4gecko

Lehcar

Can anyone please tell me how to install this and get it working? I know I had it working at one time before but now I can't figure out how to do it again.

I'm trying to make a certain mod compatible with OOO but whenever I try to have that mod active and with OOO also loaded it crashes my toolset whenever I attempt to save it.. and my changes don't save.

Edited by Lehcar

Can anyone please tell me how to install this and get it working? I know I had it working at one time before but now I can't figure out how to do it again.

I'm trying to make a certain mod compatible with OOO but whenever I try to have that mod active and with OOO also loaded it crashes my toolset whenever I attempt to save it.. and my changes don't save.

The common problem for most folks is setting up 'target' and 'start in' for the short cut under properties...

Right click on the TES4Gecko icon (short cut) on your desktop and select properties...then change the 'target' field to "C:\[directory where you have Gecko installed]\TES4Gecko.jar" (in my case C:\Games\TESGecko\TES4Gecko.jar) and the 'start in' field to "C:\[directory where you have Gecko installed]" (in my case C:\Games\TESGecko). Don't include the quotes, btw.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hem

P.S. If you don't have a short cut on your desktop, create one...in the directory in which you installed Gecko should be a short cut and an executable jar file (among other things)...copy the short cut to your desktop, then set the properties as above.

The latest TES4Gecko (on the Nexus) comes in a 7z file. Extract the folder 'TES4Gecko 15.2' to your C:\ drive, then make a shortcut on your desktop (or whereever), and put this in the target:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -Xmx1200m -jar "C:\TES4Gecko 15.2\TES4Gecko.jar"

Make sure you put this in the 'Target' box:

"C:\TES4Gecko 15.2"