Is there ANY Way to Disable/Remove the Enemy Health Bar?

jamesrh

Thanks to the awesome mods on this site I've just about got Oblivion set up perfectly for the way I want to play it - except for one thing: that damned enemy health bar!

I play with the ImprovedNoCrosshair mod and the ImmersiveInterface mod because I don't want anything cluttering up the screen between me and the game world. But then I noticed about ten minutes into the game that this curved yellow bar would pop up in the middle of my screen at seemingly random moments. Took me a while to figure out that this was the enemy health bar ... but why is it following me around even when i'm not directly facing an enemy? I tried tweaking the .ini file to change it to the glowing health bar that directly hovers over enemies instead of over the crosshair but that seemed even worse. The only other way I've found to deal with it is to hit the ~ key and type in a command to get rid of the menu altogether but then I can't access my inventory, etc ...

Please tell me there is some way to get rid off that damned enemy health bar? I can't believe a game with this many possibilites and this many mods will force me to look at that stupid yellow bar in the center of the screen no matter what ...

Any advice, suggestions, etc will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

• 1 month later...
I couldn't find one either, so I made it.

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=8508

Works pretty good, might even use it myself. Best of all, it shouldn't conflict with any of the other UI mods out there.

I can't believe it! I can't believe you actually took the trouble to make this! I haven't checked this thread in a while and I just saw your post.

Thank you so much, Vagrant0!!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Archived