Welcome to the world debt slave

Harbringe

We seem to differ on the effects from small vs large federal government. The companies are going to bribe both but the more power the Fed has the more power the companies can corrupt. The more localized the power is the harder it is to corrupt. Bribing 51 US Senators is a much easier task than bribing every single city council in the country and much less profitable.

Then you would have areas that are extremely corrupted, and others that might not be corrupted.

I think that everyone is going to get bribed as long as big corporations exist, so I think the better way would be to completely get rid of large corporate power.

How does that happen when it's the big businesses writing the laws? They are much more likely to outlaw companies with less than 100 employees at this point. The only viable solution is the one the founders came up with and that we have abandoned. Don't give the government the ability to do much in the first place. That way there isn't a whole lot the corporations can corrupt. Most of our problems to date come from the bastardization of the "commerce clause". A new amendment restricting the Feds rights on this topic is the only viable solution I can see.

We seem to differ on the effects from small vs large federal government. The companies are going to bribe both but the more power the Fed has the more power the companies can corrupt. The more localized the power is the harder it is to corrupt. Bribing 51 US Senators is a much easier task than bribing every single city council in the country and much less profitable.

Then you would have areas that are extremely corrupted, and others that might not be corrupted.

I think that everyone is going to get bribed as long as big corporations exist, so I think the better way would be to completely get rid of large corporate power.

How does that happen when it's the big businesses writing the laws? They are much more likely to outlaw companies with less than 100 employees at this point. The only viable solution is the one the founders came up with and that we have abandoned. Don't give the government the ability to do much in the first place. That way there isn't a whole lot the corporations can corrupt. Most of our problems to date come from the bastardization of the "commerce clause". A new amendment restricting the Feds rights on this topic is the only viable solution I can see.

I doubt congress could do anything about it since 90 percent of them are bought if not more.

That being said it would be extremely hard to get rid of big business in a peaceful way, and it would most likely need to be done through protests or force.

The thing is people don't realize that the issue is being fueled by large corporate power, and think its solely the governments fault when its not.

One of the biggest problems we have is that we're ignoring history. We're ignoring what our forefathers stood for, why they were all for small government. We're ignoring Europe's history and whats happening over there.

I think one of the biggest problems we have is that some of the nutjobs that run this country believe that capitalism is the biggest issue here, that it's bad and ruining the country. You couldn't BE any more wrong than that. I mean, I suppose next they'll want to get rid of the free market too.

So while I suppose a lot of it is corporate businesses, a lot can also be attributed to a lot of people running this country.

This does not apply to you Nadimos

If your talking about big government or small government or big corporations or small corporations ,then you either didn't watch the movie or simply didn't understand it.In a nutshell they are trying to show you that you live in a house where in the walls are cracking and you are running around with your plaster and paint trying to fix the cracks ,meanwhile there are people living in the basement who have built your foundation and they built it to crumble .So all those efforts (big corp/small corp , biggov/smallgov, cut healthcare , cut soc security , cut deficit , reduce debt blah blah blah) your making to fix the walls are wasted and its the guys in the basement who are making a fortune off you.

Watch the movie or watch American Idol ,be free or be a slave ,you choose.

One of the biggest problems we have is that we're ignoring history. We're ignoring what our forefathers stood for, why they were all for small government. We're ignoring Europe's history and whats happening over there.

I think one of the biggest problems we have is that some of the nutjobs that run this country believe that capitalism is the biggest issue here, that it's bad and ruining the country. You couldn't BE any more wrong than that. I mean, I suppose next they'll want to get rid of the free market too.

So while I suppose a lot of it is corporate businesses, a lot can also be attributed to a lot of people running this country.

Our forefathers warned of big business, and they would have completely gone insane if they could find out today that businesses have the same rights as humans.

Our forefathers did not stands for small government at all, they stood for a free system and a government that didn't have too much power. That doesn't mean that the government has to be small.

In fact a lot of our forefathers believed that we should have big government, and that was a very large debate back then.

Who runs the country that thinks capitalism is a issue? I don't know of a single senator or house member who thinks capitalism is a issue. Some people want a regulated form of capitalism but that doesn't mean its not capitalism.

There is a difference between capitalism and corporatism. Capitalism is a equal chance system where people compete in the market. Corporatism is when the market is not equal chance and large business tries to wipe out competition. We are much closer to Corporatism right now.

Yes people running the country are a issue but that's because corporate lobbyists bought them out.