WIP Castle Faolan

Tlaffoon

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Scrollthief, I have a man crush on house stark lol. Took me about 6 or so hours to make the texture for it but I like it :) Speaking of which I'm looking to make some more tapestries if anyone finds some good images (or parts of images) to base them off of send them my way

Also I'm thinking of changing the castles name to castle Dracon or something more in line with its date of origin suggestions are welcome.

The guest room above the castle kitchen. Might make custom furniture for this room but I dunno :ermm: ..I'm thinking that wall needs a tapestry though.

http://i.imgur.com/SukcWDW.jpgCastle kitchen

http://i.imgur.com/FBvWBwS.jpgI think this room is pretty much finished though I still need to make the stone cover for the oven under the window(it's too dark to see it :pinch: )

Besides that I've made about 6 farmhouse but I disliked them all so I scraped them..just waiting for inspiration to hit. In the mean time I've been trying to assign names to the 40-50 or so npcs..quite a challenge surprisingly. I've also been building the bones for the main quest. In case you're wondering, yes, I do have the attention span of a mentally challenged goldfish..its a problem.

So I've been working on dialog :wacko: over the last few days and would like some opinions on whether it's any good. This is a piece from one of the main(ish) characters. Subject to change of course.

Brannon-40 year old breton
---Physical description-Steel grey hair, grey eyes, short beard, long pulled back hair, 6 feet 2 inch tall, slightly weathered face.
Urg: Halt! State your business.
+Brannon: I've come to speak with Lord Dracon.
Urg: (sneers) Follow me.
Urg: You'd better keep that blade sheath else you'll be choking on it.
+Brannon: I'll keep that in mind.
Urg: Milord, this . . man . . wishes to speak with you.
Player: Thank you Urg, dismissed.
Urg: Milord, I'm to protect you at all times.
Player: ...As you wish Urg you may stay/(glare) I said dismissed/It was not a question Urg.
Urg: (stands next to player),[(slight fear)leaves in a hurry], (leaves).
Player: Orcs such an infallible disposition wouldn't you say.
+Brannon: (stairs at Urg) Something of the sort lord./There a queer bunch indeed my lord.(slight smile)
Player: Your name. /Something indeed. Now tell me your name sir. /Well you've traveled my lands met my people and become acquainted with my beneficent friend Urg. Thus, I assume you know who I am. Consequently we seem to be at an endpass as you have the upper hand in this conversation.
+Brannon: Brannon, my lord. /My name is Brannon my lord.
Player: And where are you from Brannon./Brannon?..that doesn't sound native to skyrim./Brannon..Brandon..Bran..you must be from high rock.
+Brannon: High Rock my lord./No, my lord, it is not./(slight surprise) Yes lord I am.
Player: And what brought you to skyrim Brannon./What brings you to my land brannon./ Ha! And you doubted me Urg.
Urg: (grunts)
+Brannon: I've come to pledge my sword, and life to your service lord, as a member of your personal guard.
Player: Oh? And why do you wish such a thing Brannon?/And why do you not serve a lord of highrock? Why come here?
+Brannon: I have heard it said you are a man of honor. That treat those under your protection with a balanced hand. This is not so in my homeland..all the good lords are dead. Those left care only for serving themselves. This is why I've come to you my lord.
Player: I see. And now that you are here what say you to that?
+Brannon: I have seen nothing to prove the contrary my lord. Your people seem content with their lot more so than most.
Player: Very well...Im sure during your journey across my lands youve experienced the current hostilities plaguing the realm and while the fact youve made it here unscaved speaks magnitudes to your competence I would know more of your past service.
Brannon: (thinking) I make no claims to fame my lord. I have spent many years fighting the mountain clans of the reach and abroad. Serving most of my time as captain of the Bridgeburners a detachment tasked with protection of western reach.
Player: Well that would explain how you made it here in one peace. And a man of such experience as yours is welcome in my house.
+Brannon: Then you will accept my service lord?
Player: Are prepared to take an oath of fealty?
+Brannon: I am my lord.
Player: Very well, Kneel and repeat after me.
+Brannon: (kneels)
Player: By the old gods and the new I Brannon, hereby pledge my blood and honor to the service of lord dracon.
+Brannon: ..By the old gods and the new I Brannon, hereby pledge my blood and honor to the service of lord dracon..
PLayer: To serve and protect him and all he owns with my life
+Brannon: .."To serve and protect him and all he owns with my life"..
Player: to fight and die at his command..
+Brannon: .."to fight and die at his command"..
Player: I will not abandon my post nor flee my opposition..
+Brannon: .."I will not abandon my post nor flee my opposition"..
Player: this i do swear in good faith and without repress.
+Brannon: .."this i do swear in good faith and without repress"..
Player: Rise Brannon.
Urg: I don't like him.
Player: You don't like anyone Urg.
Urg: (grunts)
Player: [(No response)dismissed]/Urg don't you have some bunnies to kill or children to make weep? Something of that sort?
Urg: Did that yesterday milord.
Player: You always were the proactive sort Urg always liked that about you. Now return to your post.(dismissed)
Player: I recommend you head over to Tormund, the blacksmith, he will provided you with new arms and armaments as yours look a little worse for well. Your quarters are located adjacent to the smithy just find a bed and fall in it. Breakfast and dinner will be served in the great hall on Morndas and Sundas, throughout the rest of the week you may collect your meals in the castle kitchen.
+Brannon: Thank you my lord.
Edited by Tlaffoon