New Game Problem

Sam93936

Well the problem here is that when i start a new game i make my character name it and it starts as expected i have to wait for guards to come into the cell.

But... that never happens no matter how long i wait they never come.

any ideas on how this could be solved???

Well the problem here is that when i start a new game i make my character name it and it starts as expected i have to wait for guards to come into the cell.

custom race?

You need to install the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. This will fix the Valen Dreth issue with custom races, as well as hundreds of other game bugs.

If your character is a custom - not one of the original races that come with the vanilla game- then The guy across in the other cell ( Valen Dreth) is going to be a snob and refuse to talk to you when you stand near the door. That insulting speech he gives is the trigger for the guards to come. The custom race fix will fix only that one problem. But, as Hickory said, The unofficial Oblivion patch will fix hundreds of little things like that.

Okay guys, the guy hasn't even answered the question and youre asuming the answer is yes, maybe you should wait.

But I agree that if that is the problem then UOP is the best fix.

Edited by Jagermh

Okay guys, the guy hasn't even answered the question and youre asuming the answer is yes, maybe you should wait.

But I agree that if that is the problem then UOP is the best fix.

There is only one reason that Valen Dreth does not initiate his taunts, and that is if his script does not recognise the player's race -- ie. it is a custom race.

There IS another reason - if the player hasn't walked forwards towards the front of the cell enough to trigger his speech...

...or does it eventually time out and happen anyway?