Donald trump for President?

HazardHighlanders2011

I'm sure he could run, but he won't win. The last 5 presidents (technically 8 if you exclude Regan who was really just a figurehead actor) have been those who have been strongly backed by their parties and were the sorts of people who had momentum and real ambition behind them. Trump running is similar to Ross Perot running back in the 90's, or Ron Paul in the last election, just a sideshow without much real support. Trump's only real support is the handful of CEOs and those who are elbow deep in the stock market, being a rich kid from the upper end of New York and never working an honest day in his life would separate him from blue collar workers who are now out of work. You can say a lot about restoring the strength to the country, but if you don't understand the world of the common worker, you're no better than some of the coal barons who feasted off of legal slavery. Trump brings 80's era politics to the stage, but the world has moved on and those kinds of stupid, egocentric policies just don't even serve to entertain anyone. Bush Jr. tried that, and failed horribly. This is not to say that Obama era politics are necessarily ideal or particularly good, but most would agree that some of it is in the right direction as far as bringing America into the new century (8 years too late).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he could run, but he won't win. The last 5 presidents (technically 8 if you exclude Regan who was really just a figurehead actor) have been those who have been strongly backed by their parties and were the sorts of people who had momentum and real ambition behind them. Trump running is similar to Ross Perot running back in the 90's, or Ron Paul in the last election, just a sideshow without much real support. Trump's only real support is the handful of CEOs and those who are elbow deep in the stock market, being a rich kid from the upper end of New York and never working an honest day in his life would separate him from blue collar workers who are now out of work. You can say a lot about restoring the strength to the country, but if you don't understand the world of the common worker, you're no better than some of the coal barons who feasted off of legal slavery. Trump brings 80's era politics to the stage, but the world has moved on and those kinds of stupid, egocentric policies just don't even serve to entertain anyone. Bush Jr. tried that, and failed horribly. This is not to say that Obama era politics are necessarily ideal or particularly good, but most would agree that some of it is in the right direction as far as bringing America into the new century (8 years too late).

Obama is way too weak, his politics are simply "Do what then people want, but if we have a small risk run away."

Sure Obama is better then bush, but he needs to be a lot stronger.

I am a bit confused "Trump is only backed by a handful of CEO's"

That means he is backed by the establishment, and most of the politicians basically everyone in power would support him if they didn't have better people to put in...

I think he will run since he has a big ego, and I know he will lose since no one will vote for such a massive *insert word here*

Well, if he ran and got the nomination, it would at least be a sure-win situation for Obama (again). But maybe that's already a given...unless they make it so that King Conan, I mean Arnold, can run against him. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

Eh no, i was just making fun of the stereotypical theaters, not comparing countries. That is two things. Imagine in italy everyone would be like Silvio and in the states all woman would act like Sarah Palin. No, i think that would be a very stupid statement to make! Anyway as far as presidents go i think Obama is kinda heading in the right direction. Of course you know, one cannot exspect any miracles. Trump may run for president, but he aint gonna make it. Edited by Nadimos

I am most likely guessing that to counter the fact that the first black president is a democrat, that the Republicans will most likely put in a woman against Obama in the 2012 election.

Here are my predictions for Republican candidates:

1.) Sarah Palin

2.) Condoleeza Rice

3.) Carly Fiornia(former CEO of HP)

I don't really think that Trump would have an impact. I mean, this is almost rumour-like, havent heard anything on the nightly news 'bout this, and I don't know much about Trump ('cept that he's or was married to a model from my country

While I do not doubt the man's intelligence, I question what incentive(or motive) he would have for running for president. Likewise, pretty much everyone is saying they they might run for president, even if they have less than a snowball's chance in ...

This is basically a way to gauge their popularity among potential voters.

Obama himself hasn't done much. There have been a few things recently, but he took his precious time.

Compared to who? The design of our Federalist government is naturally slow, since everything has to be debated to death. Case in point, Universal Healthcare: Not only did it take over a year to pass a healthcare bill, but he had to make major concessions and compromises to insurance companies and Republicans in order to do so.

While I do not doubt the man's intelligence, I question what incentive(or motive) he would have for running for president. Likewise, pretty much everyone is saying they they might run for president, even if they have less than a snowball's chance in ...

Maybe someone else wants him to run (I won't bring to light the conspiracy theories about the Freemasons) or maybe you're right and he just wanted to see how people would react.

Compared to who? The design of our Federalist government is naturally slow, since everything has to be debated to death. Case in point, Universal Healthcare: Not only did it take over a year to pass a healthcare bill, but he had to make major concessions and compromises to insurance companies and Republicans in order to do so.

Hmm... I guess you're right; 2009 was a lazy year for politicians. But he got a nobel prize for doing nuthin'! Now that just urks me...

I suppose there are no referendums in a Federalist government?

Maybe someone else wants him to run (I won't bring to light the conspiracy theories about the Freemasons) or maybe you're right and he just wanted to see how people would react.

Hmm... I guess you're right; 2009 was a lazy year for politicians. But he got a nobel prize for doing nuthin'! Now that just urks me...

The following post is going to be a bit off topic, but I guess I feel I have to reply.

Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize pissed me off REALLY bad. Hes a damn commander in chief and a politician and he wins a prize just for SAYING stuff?

A lot of other people got stripped from that prize just because some politician said a bunch of crap... I can't even post how much I hated that...

*looks up referundum on google*

Well, here is what it says about referendums in American Government(I used Wikipedia because I was too lazy to look up a more legit source).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendum#United_States

There is no provision for the holding of referendums at the federal level in the United States; indeed, there is no national electorate of any kind. The United States constitution does not provide for referendums at the federal level. A constitutional amendment would be required to allow it. However, the constitutions of 24 states (principally in the West) and many local and city governments provide for referendums and citizen's initiatives. The most famous U.S. state initiatives are probably California's Proposition 13, which severely limited property taxes, and the Massachusetts "initiative petition" equivalent from 1980, Proposition 2½, which severely limited income tax increases. They are especially popular in modifying state constitutions.

Hence, Obama has to get at least 50% of congress to agree with him on anything. Given that Republicans currently hold the majority of the seats in Congress, and (according to left-leaning political commentators) that Republicans tend to vote along party lines, this makes it hard for many major issues to get passed.

I hope the republicans put up Sarah Palin lol...

If they do, then Obama will definitely get another 4 years in office. IMHO, she had cost McCain the 2008 Election with her own naive statements(E.G. accusing the democrats of removing "IN God we trust" from the quarter, even though the Republicans approved the design before Obama was elected.). The only reason anyone still cares about her is because is panders to the Xenophobia and frustrations of lower-income Americans.

*looks up referundum on google*

Well, here is what it says about referendums in American Government(I used Wikipedia because I was too lazy to look up a more legit source).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendum#United_States

There is no provision for the holding of referendums at the federal level in the United States; indeed, there is no national electorate of any kind. The United States constitution does not provide for referendums at the federal level. A constitutional amendment would be required to allow it. However, the constitutions of 24 states (principally in the West) and many local and city governments provide for referendums and citizen's initiatives. The most famous U.S. state initiatives are probably California's Proposition 13, which severely limited property taxes, and the Massachusetts "initiative petition" equivalent from 1980, Proposition 2½, which severely limited income tax increases. They are especially popular in modifying state constitutions.

Hence, Obama has to get at least 50% of congress to agree with him on anything. Given that Republicans currently hold the majority of the seats in Congress, and (according to left-leaning political commentators) that Republicans tend to vote along party lines, this makes it hard for many major issues to get passed.

I hope the republicans put up Sarah Palin lol...

If they do, then Obama will definitely get another 4 years in office. IMHO, she had cost McCain the 2008 Election with her own naive statements(E.G. accusing the democrats of removing "IN God we trust" from the quarter, even though the Republicans approved the design before Obama was elected.). The only reason anyone still cares about her is because is panders to the Xenophobia and frustrations of lower-income Americans.

Personally I think Palin would be a funny president.