Performing "service"

MidbossVyers

You know, when you're in Paradise, and Kathutet asks for either battle or service, during my first play-through, when I didn't know what was meant by that, and when playing as a girl, I thought... Well, you know. Although, given that, it would probably sound weirder if you're thinking that while playing as a guy.

Know what's even worse?? You're playing as a guy and the same thing is the first thing that pops into mind ... Kathutet would have bought it right then if I hadn't had the UESP walkthrough up on the laptop beside me. :tongue: Not to worry, he got his in the end.

Being the pervert that I am, I've thought about if dremora even have reproductive organs. They're obviously humanoid and there are female dremora, but wiki sources claim they're "war spirits" and I reckon spirits wouldn't need to reproduce sexually. Or maybe the single class of female dremora in Oblivion was just the result of a dev who mistakenly clicked some "make female" button during editing. :P

Am I the only one who didn't think of sexual service even though I play as a girl? lol

I generally play female characters in the game and I am a girl IRL (in before "There are no girls on the Internets"), but this didn't even cross my mind. I play Oblivion, knowing that the only reason it has an "M" rating is because some stupid dev made it possible for a modder to remove the underclothing from NPCs revealing a completely-lacking-in-everything-"important" naked body and some dumb person (probably a parent) reported the game so Bethesda had to change the rating. I'm used to doing "services" for people in this game. That's basically what every single quest is all about, after all.

I just think some of you guys have your minds in the gutter. :)

Ferryt, I wasn't aware that Oblivion didn't originally have an M rating, nor did I know about the whole situation that caused Bethesda to have to change it. It's a bit of a silly reason to have to change the rating, really... it's not technically "in the game" unless you go around messing with the files.

I find it sad that someone actually felt the need to report that to the developers...

I agree, TheSwedishPancake, it's petty and makes no sense, but moral zealots don't need real reasons for their actions.

I think there are people who will go out of their way to impose their own strict moral judgments on other people. I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, since I don't know what was going on behind the scenes. I'm afraid that, eventually, any game that is capable of being modded will eventually have to have an "M" rating. Heck, I can make a good case for having Oblivion rated "xxx", except that there is no such rating, based solely upon the availability of explicit "adult" mods.

In this case, I don't think it was so much that the game can be modded to include adult elements, but that one unused texture for characters that didn't include the torso underwear was left in the official distribution. There still aren't any "naughty bits" -- not even nipples, but the fact that a player could play a female character "topless" was enough to get the game re-rated to "M" simply because the nude texture was part of the out-of-box distribution, even though it was locked out of use, except by modding the game. The ESRB, of course, had to come up with some equally petty reasons to strengthen their case, citing that Bethesda "understated" the degree of blood and gore in the game, and that the original "T" (Teens) rating didn't reflect this. I happen to disagree. You want blood and gore then download some mod like Deadly Reflexes. I think the blood and gore in Oblivion is minimal -- certainly less than some other games that have "T" ratings. I think the ESRB was just flexing its muscles and making an example of Bethesda to get some kudos from the media.

I agree, TheSwedishPancake, it's petty and makes no sense, but moral zealots don't need real reasons for their actions.

I think there are people who will go out of their way to impose their own strict moral judgments on other people. I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, since I don't know what was going on behind the scenes. I'm afraid that, eventually, any game that is capable of being modded will eventually have to have an "M" rating. Heck, I can make a good case for having Oblivion rated "xxx", except that there is no such rating, based solely upon the availability of explicit "adult" mods.

In this case, I don't think it was so much that the game can be modded to include adult elements, but that one unused texture for characters that didn't include the torso underwear was left in the official distribution. There still aren't any "naughty bits" -- not even nipples, but the fact that a player could play a female character "topless" was enough to get the game re-rated to "M" simply because the nude texture was part of the out-of-box distribution, even though it was locked out of use, except by modding the game. The ESRB, of course, had to come up with some equally petty reasons to strengthen their case, citing that Bethesda "understated" the degree of blood and gore in the game, and that the original "T" (Teens) rating didn't reflect this. I happen to disagree. You want blood and gore then download some mod like Deadly Reflexes. I think the blood and gore in Oblivion is minimal -- certainly less than some other games that have "T" ratings. I think the ESRB was just flexing its muscles and making an example of Bethesda to get some kudos from the media.

Both those statements are true.And i dislike the severe lack of Blood and Gore in Oblivion.The "Nudity" is only disturbing when i see an old man streaking.