Need help with killmove script

MadManP

Sorry, I got confused with the trigger naming. Those 2 NPC triggers are actually sent to the player. The corresponding NPC trigger is 2_pairedStop.

And everything you define with -T should be caught by OnAnimationEvent(). I use it all the time in my test mod, and it always works. Unless I miss the right branch :)

That's very odd... I can't get any animation event to trigger... I even listened for all 3 of them on both actors... nothing triggered.

Here's what I have in the anim-list for for FNIS:

pa -D2.900000,a,Tnpcsoundplay.NPCKillStruggle/0.566000,Tnpcsoundplay.NPCKillSmash/1.200000,Tnpcsoundplay.NPCKillSmash/1.900000,Tnpcsoundplay.NPCKillSmash/2.600000,Tnpcsoundplay.NPCKillShove/2.800000 MadManAnim1 MadManAnim1.hkx

I've lowered the duration of the animation from 3.5 to 2.9 because it looks better if it ends earlier... that couldn't be causing the animation events to not fire, could it?

And I'm not sure how to make use of -T, so if I added -TNPCpairedStop/2.900000, that'd make the animation event trigger on actor 1 or 2?

2 possible reasons:

- Did you RegisterForAnimationEvent()?

- I always do it in an actor script. "Certain" things don't work in an magiceffect script. It's long ago that I tried. But when I remember right it was RegisterForAnimationEvent() which didn't.

2 possible reasons:

- Did you RegisterForAnimationEvent()?

- I always do it in an actor script. "Certain" things don't work in an magiceffect script. It's long ago that I tried. But when I remember right it was RegisterForAnimationEvent() which didn't.

I did register... and the CK wiki claims it should work in an active magic effect script (in fact I'm pretty sure I've used it successfully before), but if that's the issue, then I have no clue how to call a function in an actor script from a magic effect one...

You are right. Those AEs do not trigger. However this is not an FNIS issue. I tested with the vanilla huga, and there these event don't trigger as well. So it'S a general Skyrim issue.

Catching AEs is generally inconsistent. There are 2 ways of raising AEs. Trigger and notifications. Not much difference. Triggers are parameters to animation file executions, raised at specific times during the animations. Notifications are parameters to sub tree roots, and are raised when a subtree starts or is finished. Notification AEs will never be caught. Trigger AEs can always be caught. I thought so far. Which apperently isn't true.

I was so sure that triggers always work, since I'm using this in my big Test Mod. For all other types (basic, sequenced, furniture) I use that many times. For example to count such triggers in order to automatically check for proper execution of an animation sequence. But apparently I never did that for pa and km.

Alright, so that's not a solution... how about the core problem, namely the strange hug animation?

I have my doubts about it being caused by FNIS... primarily because they get up from the ground first THEN do it, but then I have very little experience with how sending animation events work... Do they get sent to the AI package? could they be delayed like that, until the actor is in a position to perform them?

I'm curious if you think the follow-up hug that happens when the animation is interrupted, could be caused by something in FNIS? were you able to recreate it?

I have tested that hug issue. For a while I was sure this is an FNIS issue, maybe a missing AE.

But then I added the PushActorAway() to a vanilla hug call, and that showed the exact same movement.

When I increase the wait time a little bit, then the effect goes away, although you see the target trying to get up. So I assume that the PushActorAway() interrupts the paired animation, and the engine tries to continue after ragdolling.