My common/fallout new vegas folder is:

14.2GB

(15,316,267,008 bytes)

9682 Files, 1006 Folders.

Just Data folder:

13.7GB

(14,804,557,824 bytes)

8496 Files, 899 Folders

My old Fallout 3 folder was somewhere around 29GB before I uninstalled it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought I had alote, my F3 folder is 27.3 GB and my Nv is pathetic compared (15.0 GB) and Ive spent over 1000 hours on F3 with 500 of thgose modd playing and testing

Im actually thinking about removing a lot of mods to make my folder a little smaller.

Right now my Vegas folder (steam location) is sitting at 12.8 gig with 10972 files in 1016 folders. Which is tiny compared to other game folders

My seperate mod folder for vegas contains a further 22.5 gig in mods that i have not installed yet.

These sizes are nothing compared to my Oblivion folder which is sitting at a very bloated 66.7 gig with 387334 files in 10784 folders, with not a single conflict, missing texture, crashes or anykind of problem. That game is maxed out!

But drive space is not a problem for me with 4TB in my main rig and another 6TB in external and seperate drives that i connect using Rosewill sata connections over my "command center" :thumbsup:

Ive slowed down playing NV though....with 233 hours played ive seen everything and done everything 3 times over....

8)

Daynox

Excuse the ignorant question... but can you use an external hard drive to install games to such as NV or run the mods off them? I thought the transfer rate would be too slow to play bigger games like Fallout.

you know what?....im not sure...never really thought about it....ive always installed more drive space than what i thought i would use...hence the 4tb in my main...and 600gb of that is a good chunk of my gaming library. except all my old games..i keep them all on my other tower running xp.

i think im gonna try it out though....ill try to install an old game like..Baldurs Gate II on one of my externals, make the shortcut and load it up, see what happens.

most new games i think need to be installed on your main drive though, like steam games and the like...

Daynox