need help, want to make a .esp plugin a master file for an other plugin

SpaceCoder

i thought this would be a good place to come. i can not figure out how to make a esp file a master for another plugin that i am trying to create. the reason i want to do this is because i have an armor mod that i like and i want to add it to a follower but whenever i change the outfit and add the armor to it on the follower and then save my plugin the armor mod doesnt get saved as a master and i lose the outfit after i relaunch the CK.

if you can help that would be great and sorry if this is poorly detailed i am new to creating mods and dont know any technical terms that would help you veterans better understand what i am trying to say.

Space

Just load the file you're wanting to be a master as you would the skyrim.esp and set the file you're wanting to modify it as active. And make sure you have your mods toggled in your load order on nmm or whatever mod organizer you're using. Maybe that's what you were wanting..i dunno

Just load the file you're wanting to be a master as you would the skyrim.esp and set the file you're wanting to modify it as active. And make sure you have your mods toggled in your load order on nmm or whatever mod organizer you're using. Maybe that's what you were wanting..i dunno

The problem is plugin files don't become masters for me. Sorry if I was unclear on what I wanted but I meant to say that I wanted to make the plugin a master so I can link it to my mod so the armor shows up in game on the follower

Edited by SpaceCoder

What creation tool are you most familiar with to make changes like this? Possible tools include Wrye Bash, TES5edit, Creation Kit...

using TES5edit, just copy as override a single record from the plugin you want to be mastered to into a new plugin or an existing. Note that existing plugins should be accompanied by disclaimers of credits and permissions if necessary.

CK...hell half the time I get messages about my socks not matching just so it doesn't have to do as I ask. [sarcasm]

:D

Good luck, hopefully you find an avenue for your modder-i-a-zation.

(my word, I claim it)

What creation tool are you most familiar with to make changes like this? Possible tools include Wrye Bash, TES5edit, Creation Kit...

using TES5edit, just copy as override a single record from the plugin you want to be mastered to into a new plugin or an existing. Note that existing plugins should be accompanied by disclaimers of credits and permissions if necessary.

CK...hell half the time I get messages about my socks not matching just so it doesn't have to do as I ask. [sarcasm]

:D

Good luck, hopefully you find an avenue for your modder-i-a-zation.

(my word, I claim it)

I have not used anything other than the CK but if I understand what you are saying correctly I can use TESEdit to merge the clothing plugin with my plugin, right?

Thanks for your help,

Space