Weird Steam/NVMM/NVSE issue

Thingamajig

Ok, this is really odd.

I reinstalled New Vegas a few days ago, fresh install worked fine - i test ran it before putting my mods in.

so, i then proceeded to put the mods on (FOOK, Nevada, mods that require NVSE beta 6 really)

I sorted the load order in NV mod manager, ran the game by hitting the "launch NVSE" and..

It runs the Fallout NV launcher.

So, i told mod manager to launch without NVSE - it works fine, launches directly into the game.

so THEN i thought i'd simply try launching the game via NVSE manually (by navigating to the exe myself) this did nothing, it launches the games falloutnvlauncher.exe

Whats going on here? it's never used the launcher before and i can guarantee by pressing play i'm overwriting my load order....

Edited by Thingamajig

NVSE hooks through the launcher and while I use FOMM to set my load order the launcher never overwrites it.

really? i could've sworn that before i upgraded to the latest Mod Manager, whenever i launched NVSE via FMM it used to go directly into the game, not start the games launcher.

maybe i was wrong though.

NVSE hooks through the launcher and while I use FOMM to set my load order the launcher never overwrites it.

really? i could've sworn that before i upgraded to the latest Mod Manager, whenever i launched NVSE via FMM it used to go directly into the game, not start the games launcher.

maybe i was wrong though.

Confusion on my part here ... Do you use NVMM as in the title to the post suggests, or do you use FOMM? NVMM has been pulled to my understanding in deference to FOMM which works much better with NVSE.