Creepy moments in FO3

JkKILER

Vault 87 scares the s*** out of me every time, and the hallucinations in Point Lookout were super disturbing.

Edit: Recently got the first Silent Hill game on the PS1 (yes i still religiously play that thing lol) and now realize Bethesda 100% ripped off Silent Hill with Vault 87 and the red sky in Oblivion.

Edited by meluvseveryone

this is a pretty general one, freal ghouls jumping around corners in dark buildings. or turing around to see theres one right behind you.

or at the alien crash site, the aliens face dowsnt appear thru the helmet at most angles, so i moved and it appeared. scared the sh*t out of me.

Edited by warkiller75

• 2 weeks later...

One word:

"Gary."

Now repeat.

Andale was pretty damn creepy too: I'm surprised only one other person mentioned it.

Also, I don't know if I would've found the Dunwich Building as creepy if Gorillaz M1A1 didn't come on just as I was entering. That was really good timing - every time I hear that song now I think of that place.

when i first entered vault 87.. although it's hilarious but it freak me out for a moment.

i just wandering around, see if i can find any goodies to sell or schematic parts, and i discovered vault 87. cool, at my first though, and i entered it. it looks like scorched vault 101 but when i enter deeper, the screen goes on blue. i think it's a minor graphical problem so i carry on exploring until i found the screen goes blue again and see a scientist entering a room. curious, i pursue him to the room and when i open the door suddenly crazed vault 87 inhabitant popped and i freaked out like hell, like it seems i never been so freaked out like that for a month, thanks to this game..

Edited by pinapple

• 2 weeks later...

Dunwich was a Category 5 Freak-Out, but anywhere there's ghouls and darkness, just the way ghouls sound, how they pant and their feet go patter-patter-patter, and the way they try to sneak up behind you, I mean it can be a metro tunnel you've been in 100 times and it'll still freak you out.

So first you hear "Rawr!" as your sneak indicator flashes "Danger!"

Then you hear the feet pattering, kind of off to the side, and red marks where you perceive enemies go dark ... and the first time you experience this you don't know they're sneaking around behind you, but it's almost worse -- no, it IS worse -- when you know that's what they're doing.

I've put my back to a wall more than once and looked around frantically in terror trying to figure out which way they'll be coming at me.

Ghouls are just freaking scary, and Reavers are scariest among ghouls, and Dancing Reavers are pure nightmare fuel. At least they don't bother with trying to sneak up behind you -- they just run at you bobbing and weaving so fast you either shoot them in the leg or pop a Nuka grenade and a Rad-X ...

But none of that takes away from Dunwich Building, which was after all populated by extremely scary ghouls. If you have the hallucinations while you're listening to the tapes of the building's last victim it's particularly creepy.

Edited by RatcatcherOfKvatch