Better Cities Mod

aaroncox

so i recently reinstalled oblivion to c:\games\oblivion etc and the game worked fine.. then i installed unique landscapes.. and the game worked fine...played it awhile.. then today.. i recently installed better cities..and now it crashes everytime i play it. i don't know what's causing it. but i will post a list of my mod order for you guys to view.

Oblivion.esm

Better Cities Resources.esm

Better Cities .esp

Scribe Supplies.esp

VaultsofCyrodiilBC.esp

xuldarkforest.esp

xulStendarrValley.esp

xulTheHeath.esp

XulEntiusGorge.esp

xulFallenleafEverglade.esp

xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp

xulChorrolHinterland.esp

xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp

xulBravilBarrowfields.esp

xulLushWoodlands.esp

xulAncientYews.esp

xulAncientRedwoods.esp

xulCloudtopMountains.esp

xulArriusCreek.esp

xulPatch_AY_AC.esp

xulRollingHills_EV_withoutWheat.esp

xulPantherRiver.esp

xulRiverEthe.esp

xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp

xulImperialIsle.esp

xulBlackwoodForest.esp

xulCheydinhalFalls.esp

xulAspenWood.esp

xulSkingradOutskirts.esp

xulSnowdale.esp

xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp

Better Cities Full.esp

Better Cities - VWD of the IC.esp

Better Imperial City.esp

Better Cities Full FPS Patch.esp

Better Cities - Unique Landscape Barrowfields.esp

Better Cities - Unique Landscape Chorrol Hinterland.esp

Better Cities - Unique Landscape Cheydinhal Falls.esp

Better Cities - Unique Landscape Skingrad Outskirts.esp

Better Imperial City FPS Patch.esp

Better Cities - Unique Landscape Imperial Isle.esp

Better Cities - No LEYAWIIN Flooding.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

any suggestions ? ideas?

thanks

It looks like you have Scribe Supplies original mod installed. BC includes replacement plugins. If that's not the issue, try temporarily disabling the VWD of the IC, as it can be a drain which in turn can cause crashes.

It looks like you have Scribe Supplies original mod installed. BC includes replacement plugins. If that's not the issue, try temporarily disabling the VWD of the IC, as it can be a drain which in turn can cause crashes.

should i go to obmm and deactivate the mod, then reactivate it and turn off scribe supplies? or should i just check it out in the oblivion data file directory?

also what is VWD of the IC? can you please explain to me what these letters stand for?

thanks

Aaron

should i go to obmm and deactivate the mod, then reactivate it and turn off scribe supplies? or should i just check it out in the oblivion data file directory?

also what is VWD of the IC? can you please explain to me what these letters stand for?

thanks

Aaron

I honestly don't know about Scribe Supplies as I don't use it. All I know is that Better Cities supplies BC compatible replacement plugins. You should have had the option to install them when you installed BC.

VWD stand for View When Distant. What it does is put world LOD models of key component of the IC into the Tamriel world, in other words when you are OUTSIDE the IC you can see buildings inside the city from a distance. This comes at a cost of fps, and on low end systems, or those already struggling for fps, this makes things worse.

alright thanks. i added all the plug ins i could find, i disabled the scribes suppliers, and i disabled the view buildings from a distance. so it should dramatically help with my constant crashes, thanks guys. i'll let u know if it works better

Official Better Cities thread with the patches listed - just read down til you hit them - there's one there for scribe Supplies. Do NOT patch that which doesn't need patching, only apply the scribe patch unless you NEED to apply more.

thanks for the link. but i realized another serious, important problem. I deactivated all my mods, and the game still continues to crash after about 30 seconds into game play. it will freeze up for a second or two and then boom the screen exits out and the error message appears.

any ideas on why my oblivion crashes when i have no mods besides the unofficial oblivion patch activated? thanks

Aaron

thanks for the link. but i realized another serious, important problem. I deactivated all my mods, and the game still continues to crash after about 30 seconds into game play. it will freeze up for a second or two and then boom the screen exits out and the error message appears.

any ideas on why my oblivion crashes when i have no mods besides the unofficial oblivion patch activated? thanks

Aaron

That can happen if you have corrupt meshes still lurking in your data folder; if your computer or graphics card is overheating; if you have malware on your system; if your antivirus is interfering with the execution; and a whole host of other reasons.

Aaron - I strongly suggest that at this point you backup your downloaded mods, remove and reinstall Oblivion, and get tHAT working first. Then add mods carefully, one at a time, and check it works at each stage.