Face Texture problem

Nocturnstalker

Ok so I've tried installing some face textures for the core races but then don't seem to take effect, i've checked for the files and all the textures are there but all the races look the same not a single difference. I've been sick of looking at ugly looking races and i'm really wanting this to work. any and all help would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Ok so I've tried installing some face textures for the core races but then don't seem to take effect, i've checked for the files and all the textures are there but all the races look the same not a single difference. I've been sick of looking at ugly looking races and i'm really wanting this to work. any and all help would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance!

We'll need more information before we can help. Some helpful information would be:

What textures are you using (i.e. from what mod)? Post a link so we can look at it ourselves.

Where did you install the textures?

Are you using Windows Vista/Windows 7? If so, do you have Oblivion installed in the default directory (i.e. C:/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion)?

ok i'm using windows 7 and steam. I made sure that the file path to install them was correct, adding in the steamapps and such. also the mod i am using is the highres retex that was done for hgec http://www.tesnexus....le.php?id=20022 by Ozmo, I dont know if this a good choice or if maybe the real fantasy elves one would be better, but i use this and follow the instructions to a t and it still doesn't work. I hope this helps, if you need any other information i'll do my best to answer them.

btw is there a better body replacer or face texture replacer that i should use?

Edited by Nocturnstalker

The hi-res HGEC textures are not for faces, they are body textures. To get better faces make sure you use HDR in-game and not bloom, then install these two mods in the order that I list them (important):

Improved Facial Textures

Facial Textures by Enayla