Oblivion and RAM

Herculine

You would get the best performance boost by focusing on your video card setup, getting an SLI or Crossfire motherboard and powerful cards. If your getting a lot of stuttering and your PC specs are above recommended video is going to make a much bigger difference than your CPU and RAM.

My video card is a ATI Radeon 5500 series, but Oblivion is old enough that it only recognizes it as a 3300 series; so, if I'm to believe everything else that's been said in this thread, upgrading my video card wouldn't change anything either.

You would get the best performance boost by focusing on your video card setup, getting an SLI or Crossfire motherboard and powerful cards. If your getting a lot of stuttering and your PC specs are above recommended video is going to make a much bigger difference than your CPU and RAM.

My video card is a ATI Radeon 5500 series, but Oblivion is old enough that it only recognizes it as a 3300 series; so, if I'm to believe everything else that's been said in this thread, upgrading my video card wouldn't change anything either.

It seems to me that you're reluctant to believe anything that's said.

"If that first paragraph is true"

"if I'm to believe everything else that's been said in this thread"

If you don't trust people's advice, why ask for it?

It seems to me that you're reluctant to believe anything that's said.

"If that first paragraph is true"

"if I'm to believe everything else that's been said in this thread"

If you don't trust people's advice, why ask for it?

Making accusations over semantics in an effort to start an argument over nothing isn't helpful either.

Making accusations over semantics in an effort to start an argument over nothing isn't helpful either.

You're the one playing semantics. I made no accusations whatsoever, nor is it my intention to argue. I merely stated an opinion. So far, the most helpful information has come from yours truly. Whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you, but never accuse me of not being helpful.