Locking mod

Cutflood

I don't know if its been discussed before. (Yes I did some searching) But is it possible to make a mod with or without fose, to lock containers and doors.

Just like the console command lock. Maybe while crouching there could be a menu to lock a object with varying degrees of lock level dependant on your

lockpick skill. I figure if you can unlock it at 100 you can lock it at 100.

Let me give you a senario. You pickpocket the overseer for the terminal pass and key, he goes hostile. Now, you don't want to blow his head off, you don't have any

thorizine overdoses or glue bombs, what do you do? Wouldn't it be simpler to just run out the door and lock him in?

Just an idea. :) And I thought it might be interesting to maybe make it so that if you try to re-lock a object you have a chance to jam the lock. Making explosive entry the only option.

actually i have been wanting this too. but personally i have a easy simply and dirty idea for such a mod that is simple and completely transparant. of course if you want to be able to lock any door you would need a skill for relocking and the dialogue box needed to interface with door would get old fast at least in my opinion.

the simple and transparant method would to simply automatically lock any door or terminal to which the user has a key\passcode when he closes said door, this is completely transparant because it keeps the ghoul from chasing you and at the same time the player wont really notice the lock because !!da da da daaaa!! he has a key /!!!

see the gate at the temple of the union it will automatically relock if the player leaves it alone for long enough but you can open it at any time with the key. or course time delay locking on things like the tenpenny tower gate and temple of the union allow things to follow you. :P

Edited by mikeloeven

• 4 months later...
I would love to run around in fallout, or oblivion, with a bag full of padlocks to put on things. I remember in oblivion there was a quest where i needed to take someones key to break into there house or something, anyways, it didnt work out to well they spotted me and i didnt want to kill them, so the chase was on. when i got to the door, unlocked it, and ran to through. i figured i'd lock them out. seeing as i have the only key. ended up typing " `lock 100' or something like that.

• 1 month later...