I was incensed at my V-day gift, lol!

Netwit2008

Official New Vegas Game Guide  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you, or do you currently use the Fall Out New Vegas Game Guide?

• NO WAY!! I'm too good of a player for that book of spoilers!
    • YES, I use it and I'm dang proud of it!
    • I *might* use it as long as nobody knew it.
    • I see nothing wrong with using it, but it's not for me.
    • Shhhh! I DO use it, but it's nobody's business but my own.
    • I'd use it if I needed more information on the game, I see no problem with it.
    • Undecided.

Now I'll say this....my daughter is a kewl little chick! She got me FONV and other games I wanted for Christmas. I tried to dissuade her by saying it was too buggy & expensive, but I was thrilled when I opened it Christmas morning. I didn't realize how much I really did want it, lol I've actually liked it almost as much as Oblivion; more than I thought I would. It holds my attention way better than FO3 did.

Now for Valentine's Day, I open the pretty bag and what should be inside but the FONV Official Game Guide :confused: I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I've NEVER used a game guide! So now it sits here next to me and I look at it, it looks at me.... I don't want all the spoilers and info on the game. It might ruin my gaming experience. Plus I'm just cocky enough to think I don't need a game guide or strategy book, lol :tongue:

I do see some value in it for things I've already done, to go back and check if I got everything or missed something. But the temptation is there sometimes to look at something I haven't encountered. I don't put down those who do use it, it's just not for me, except in the above instance. It's a great book though, chock full of useful information, that's for sure.

What about you, do you use the strategy/game guides, would you? Why or why not?

well, seeing as the game was so buggy, i had my fair share of checking on the Wikia page, trying to figure out what went wrong with several of the quests

and with a very limited amount of quests, i couldn't help myself from checking the rewards, to decide how to do things

but i do try to contain myself from looking at too much information

the only thing that i did check ahead of time, is about the unique weapons, but that's just because i like unique weapons :biggrin:

of course, i only checked the general location, not anything specific, until i really had to (like finding the All American inside the vault, which was quite a pain for the first time)

Well, First let me point out that I don't have much money so I didn't buy it so I will not vote. But, I do check up some quest because I try to do the good ending and not all the missions aren't like the ABC's more like Morse code --... ...--

Oh sorry forgot to mention that I use fallout wiki

Edited by MercsRus

Don't feel bad Merc, I would have never paid money for it, especially as much as it cost. It was nice of my daughter to do it, but I can think of other things that would have been cheaper!

And I agree Fonger, the Wiki has usually fit my needs, but like Wasteland says, I do feel tempted by the book seeing as how it's just sitting here next to my chair, lol I have found out some things I didn't know about the game, like exactly how to make the best use of the reloading and work benches. So it's not all bad, I just avoid those sections that might have spoilers.

Oh Rebel, lol This thing is too buggy. Often I can see flickering textures in the far off distance, much like you'd see in a mod that needs tweaking. I'm stuck on the Bye Bye Love quest and I just know it's game related. When I tried to find it in the Wikis and forums, I found like 5 bugs associated with that quest alone :wallbash: But I still keep playing the game, so it ain't all that bad :tongue: