If you came back from the dead...

Lehcar

Not meaning to be too horribly depressing, but let's say that one day, some utterly tragic accident happened and you (yes, you) died. As in, actually died. You were killed. But then let's say that a secret organization wanted to test some futuristic prototype medical tech, and by chance they decided to use you as their test subject. So they used a good amount of money to bribe the funeral home to give them your corpse and lie to your family saying that you'd been embalmed or whatever as intended.

Then over some period of time (can be any amount of time you want, months or years), they used their technology to repair the damage to your body, to fully restore your vital functions, bring your brain cells back to life, etc, etc. Ultimately their project is successful, and one day you awaken and you're fully alive again, exactly the same person you were before.

Now this is the part I really want you to think about... how would you feel about the fact that you were dead but have been brought back to life? Aside from that, of course the first thing you would probably want to do is tell your family that you're alive.

But, exactly how would you break the news to them? What words could you possibly use to explain things to them? What if they reacted with anger and denial, thought you were some cruel prankster and refused to believe it's really you? What if they threatened to report you to the cops? What would you do?

What do you think would happen if you were to just go up to your parent's house and knock on their door?

How do you envision your family's reactions would be, what your reunion would be like?

Probably, above all else, you'd be aching to just go home again. But what if, even if they saw you with their own eyes, your family refused to believe you?

What if they wanted to get a DNA to make sure it was really you?

And how do you think you'd go about getting back to your life, depending on how long you've been gone? Things will very likely have changed a lot since your "death". If you have a significant other, what would happen if they've already gotten together with someone else? What about all of your money, your personal belongings? What do you think you'd say to everyone back at school or work, or whatever? And how would you go about getting your old job back, getting back into school, re-opening your bank accounts and everything? And what about your old house or apartment, if you lived by yourself? (I imagine that would be an unpleasantly messy and difficult affair...)

...And what would you do with the grave stone they probably had put out in the cemetery for you?

I suppose I wouldn't be revived for no reason... So I would inquire what's wanted in exchange. And ,of course,since I'm a successful expirement I would be watched. (Though I doubt I would be allowed to leave the building/laboratory) Returning to my previous life, friends and family is ...disadvantageous. To me, to people that knew me, to the ones that initiated the experiment...

If something's needed from me, my new personality, documents and living expences should be covered....

If not I would somehow manage to get them myself... Probably leave the country...

I would go on a killing spree, I am not happy with my *rest* being disturbed. The scientists that woke me up better start running cause I wanna eat their BRAINSSSSSS.

Heheh.

Not really but I couldn't resist the urge to tease.

It would depend on how long it had been and if my memories were still intact.

And if they were still alive. And if the scientists let me go ( highly UNlikely )

I would stick the gravestone beside my front door, ward off the religeous door knockers that plague everyone ( why they have to force their faith on people is beyond me but they need to quit it )

It would also hopefully frighten away any burglers or ilk.

As someone who has had very close people in my life die by "tragic" events I can honestly say I would be more happy to see them again than I would be angry to find out they had been hiding from me all these years. I would just imagine that my own family would hopefully feel the same way and present myself to them.

The need for closure where there can be none is stronger than any malice imo.

My family would probably freak out at first, then they'll start asking questions, to wich I would probably have few answers to give, time will pass and things will get back to normal.

Before any of this would happen, this will be all over the news, the press will probably harass me all day long, the church will say I'm a liar and scientists will want to make further tests on me, wich will probably have no results what so ever, since I'm back in one peace, just as I used to be. Normal people that will find out about this will think I'm a freak and my friends, old and new, will keep asking about this adventure of mine for years to come.

Edited by Pushkatu

I would rise, shouting, DEATH TO HUMANITY!!!!

Then I would ressurect Lenin, Stalin, Nixon, and Castro and together with this unstoppable cadre of warchiefs, and an ever growing army of proud communistical zombies, would omnomnomnom upon the yummy capitalist brains of the world.

TO ME MY FESTERING RED BRETHREN, TOGETHER WE SHALL DEVOUR ZE WHOLE WORLD!!!!

In all seriousness, I'd probably do something boring, like write an autobiography and become a maven off it, start a publishing business, and do a million other boring things.

But in truth, I'd much rather the silly, Red Alert style version than the latter.

I think I'd probably never return back to the life I had. I'm not exactly happy with it and would like a fresh start.

If the institution let me go, I'd assume that they have my new background and identity covered, so I could start anew.

There's also the question of how much longer I can live now, and if I can receive and sorts of booster treatment to stay younger.