NIF uv template

Lehcar

What you are asking simply does not make any sense regarding UV Maps.

However, are you talking about using a different texture?

The purpose of exporting a UV Map template is to allow texture artists to have a reference for the texture layout of the model. If you want to create a new UV Map for the model, you need to import the model into a 3D modeling program like Blender or 3ds Max, then modify/re-create a UV map and export back to NIF.

LHammonds

Well yes, I making a custom ear mesh, and I want the way the texture (I'm using the vanilla basic ear texture) is mapped over the mesh to be the same way as it is on the vanilla ear mesh so it's aligned properly (which you can do under the "Edit UV" option if you right-click on the mesh) :( Edited by Lehcar

Ah....if you are creating a new ear, then you will need to try and create the UV similar to how the other model has its UV. I would do this by using that "export to tga" on the original ear to get the original UV map...I'd then edit it in an image editor and delete all the white space and change the black lines to be bright green or something that will contrast the original texture. I would then overlay the UV template on the original ear texture so I can see the UV outline as well as the texture. Then I would import that texture in my 3D modeling app and use it as my base texture for the model I am creating. Then, when I start unwrapping my UV, I make it so it closely matches the original UV...or at least get it where it looks good and matches along the edges.

Once you have your new model that works well with the old texture, you can then create your own texture and the whole thing should be "compatible" with all the other textures.

LHammonds